Chapter 19: Eye of the Storm

"Oh no."

"Zarkon? How did he find us?" Allura was astonished at the sight.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion." Keith suggested.

"We need to wormhole, now! Everyone, get to your stations", Shiro ordered. "We've gotta put as much distance as we can between Zarkon. This might be the fight of our lives."

The paladins all dashed to their stations, and as they did the fleet of fighters opened fire on the castle.

"Allura, can we evade these guys? We wouldnt want them to hitch a ride with us through the wormhole." Phoebe asked the princess.

Allura activated the particle barrier and steered the ship away from the fighters. As she did that Keith, Lance and Phoebe used little drones to shoot at the fighters.

"Lance, incoming. Twelve oclock." Pidge informed him.

"On it!" Lance steered his drone to aim, but Keith knocked it out of place and took the shot.

"Sorry, you gotta be quick." Keith teased. The two started bashing their drones together, until Phoebe stepped in.

"Both of you, knock it off! Lance, Keith, stay in your zones or so help me  los estrangularé a ambos con mis manos!" She snapped.

Keith was wide eyed. He didnt understand what she said, but he knew it was bad. "What did she just say?"

"She said she'd strangle us both with her hands." Lance replied.

"Hunk, how are the defenses looking?" Shiro asked him, ignoring the arguing paladins.

"I dont know. 10%? 15 maybe? Everything is a blur. I've been up too long, I have tired eyes."

"I know we just came off an intense battle, but we have to stay focused until we can jump."

"And when is that?" Phoebe asked their leader.

"They are still too close, we need to gain more speed." Coran told them.

"I have an idea, hold on!" Allura took the castle of lions into a nose dive, the paladins holding onto their chairs for dear life.

"I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed and put some distance between us and Zarkon."

The castle of lions slingshot around the planet and flew straight through a wormhole, escaping Zarkon and his fleet.

"Coran, why are we still on alert? We got away from Zarkon." Phoebe asked as the castle alarms continued to ring.

"Oh no! A teladuv malfunction!  We are about to exit this wormhole a lot sooner than planned!" He shouted as another opening appears infront of the castle.

The castle flew through, entering an area of space filled with ice chunks floating all around.

"Coran, where are we?" Shiro asked him

"We didnt make it to our exit point, but we are several galaxies away from Zarkon's fleet." He informed them.

All of a sudden, the princess collapsed to the floor. Phoebe and the others quickly rushed to her to see what was wrong.

"Princess, you look exhausted. You have been exerting yourself to much." Phoebe pointed out as she assisted the princess. "You need rest."

"I'll go check on the main turbine and see what's going on." Coran began to say as he walked away, but he slipped and crashed into the wall . . .hard.

"Coran, are you alright?" Lance asked as he observed the puddle of sweat beneath Coran.

"I'm fine, must have hit a wet spot on the floor . . . Can someone clean that up!?"