Chapter 18: Greening the Cube

"Let's hurry up with these repairs. Zarkon could be here any moment." Shiro instructed.

The paladins were all floating outside the castle, trying to repair the ship.

"Okay, panel's up. Now what?" Hunk asked Coran, who was on the bridge with Allura.

"Very simple. Just loosen the flaxens on summerflange."

"Could you be more specific?" Hunk replied as he looked at the panel confused.

"Sorry Hunk, he means the pokelones on the agroclan." Allura informed him.

"No, that doesnt help."

"Easy Hink, I got this." Lance stepped in.

He started pushing random buttons on the panel and twisting the knobs, which made it glow a bright red and sound off an alarm.

"Uh oh, that cant be good!"

"No! Not the smoltis, the pokelones!"

"No, no! It's the plaxensa" Coran corrected the princess.

"What are you talking about!?" Keith asked in frustration.

Phoebe floated over to the panel and examined it. She turned a couple of the knobs, flipped a switch, turned the center of the panel and pushed it inward. Once she did, it returned to its blue color.

"There, fixed."

"Well done Phoebe!" Allura applauded her.

"This tech on this ship never ceases to amaze me. It's so mathematically elegant! Its fit is 100 times more friction less than any exoskeleton we have on Earth! Its, beautiful." Pidge rambled.

"Its not a sunset Pidge." Lance said sarcastically.

"You're right. A billion sunsets just happen everyday. Some genius engineer actually built this." Phoebe replied to his comment.

"I cant think of anything more beautiful!" Pidge continued.

"I can." Keith looked over at Phoebe, which made her cheeks turn red.

"Kinda looks like a big, delicious curly fry." Hunk began to say, but was interrupted when something hit his head. "What the?"

The castle flew through a cluster of what looked like orbs of blue goo.

"Alright, we're prepared for this. Remember your route projectile cluster training from the Garrison first we need a temporary shelter." Shiro instructed.

As he finished his sentence, he was hit in the back of the head by one of the space goo balls.

"Oops, sorry Shiro. I was trying to hit Keith." Lance apologized, but then got hit in the face with a goo ball by Keith.

"Huh, like that?"

"Yea, squishy asteroid fight!" Hunk yelled in excitement.

Everyone began throwing the mysterious objects at eachother. Phoebe slammed one of the squishy clusters right on Lance's mask. She hardly got hit by any of them, be able to out maneuver the boys. The only time she got hit was when Shiro surprised her from behind. They were all having so much fun, but Pidge stayed off to the side and examined the clusters.

"I dont think these are asteroids. Coran, I'm gonna need a containment unit."

"Just a tick."

"They seem to be some hyper-resilient spore." Allura replied.

Phoebe stopped with the space ball fight and floated over to Pidge.

"This bioilluminacent doesnt seem to be natural. It appears to be programmed, like a code." She pointed out as Pidge put it in a container.