xi

Disclaimer: Sadly, I own nothing except the order these words are in, everything else belongs to JKR.

November 1, 1977

The Headmaster's Office – 6:40 pm

3rd Person POV:

"So, Hermione, I've only called some of our most important and trustworthy members for this meeting, so we can talk over what you know. I think that the only way they will trust you is for you to tell them where – or should I say when – you are from." Albus steepled his fingers and leaned forward, "Is that alright with you?"

Hermione paused, taken back by what he was asking, "Who are you going to call? And, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"The Weasleys, the Potters, Alastor Moody, the Prewetts, Caradoc Dearborn, Minerva, and Kingsley Shacklebolt. That's all. And yes, Hermione, I'm sure that this is safe. After all, it is only a small number of people who will know."

"Well, okay, I suppose that's alright."

"Wonderful! Let's head over to the Burrow then?"

"Okay- Wait. What?"

"The Burrow is the Weasley's home."

"No, I-I knew that I just, well, I'd forgotten I'd actually have to see people that I knew from the nineties.

He chuckled, "Yes, that might be something you would want to remember."

Hermione only rolled her eyes in response and stepped into the fireplace, calling out, "The Burrow!" And throwing the dust down, she was swept away in a sea of green flames.

Stumbling out of the fireplace, Hermione was met with the staring of unfamiliar faces and a wand in her face, "Erm," she stood up, brushing the soot off her clothes, "Hi. Um, I'm Hermione Granger."

Alastor Moody stepped forward, wand still pointed at her, "What are you doing here?"

Her eyes widened the tiniest bit before she replied, "Albus didn't tell you I was coming?"

"What are you? Sixteen? Seventeen? That's Professor Dumbledore, to you." He paused, glaring at her, "And no. We were unaware that you were coming here," he trailed off.

"Well, um, he should be coming through in a moment."

"Okay, you can give me your wand until then," he said gruffly.

"What?! N-" at his glare, she sighed, "Fine," and dropped the wooden stick in his hand, huffing.

A few minutes passed with Moody glaring at her, and Hermione staring back, but thankfully, she was saved by Minerva, who had been in the kitchen with Molly.

Walking into the room and seeing Hermione, Minerva embraced her 'daughter,' "Hermione! I didn't expect you to be here so early."

"Yeah, Albus sent me through, but I don't know what's taking him so long."

"Alright, then, have you been introduced to everyone?"

As Hermione was about to answer, Moody cut in, "Minerva? What's a student doing here?"

"Hmm? Oh! This is Hermione Granger – she's going to be a member of The Order." Minerva discreetly winked at Hermione, both silently remembering their earlier agreement to not tell anyone of their relationship.

"I- What?! I wasn't aware we were inducting any members today." He narrowed his eyes.

"Well, I suppose Albus must've forgotten to mention it." She paused before noticing something, "Is that her wand? Alastor, give it back to her, I can assure you she is completely trustworthy and!" She continued before he could cut her off, "When Albus arrives, he will back me up on this."