vi

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the order these words are in, everything else belongs to JKR :)

A/N: Italics are the memories...Okay, enjoy :)

September 19, 1977

Hogwarts ~ The Transfiguration Classroom

3rd Person POV:

*Trigger Warning: Abuse*

It was Monday, and Hermione was not in a good mood. She had woken up at 3:00 in the morning from nightmares, and she hadn't been able to go back to sleep after that. Instead, Hermione had gone to the library and tried to research more about the Destiny Turner, but she hadn't found anything. Afterwards, she went to the Room of Requirement for the first time since she had gone back in time. Over the weekend, she had made a list of things she had to do in this time:

Join the Order

Become friends with Marauders (not Peter), Lily, Severus, and Regulus – earn their trust

Try to reconcile Sirius and Regulus

Try to reconcile Severus and Lily

Get Lily and James together

Expose Peter (at some point, it doesn't have to be this month) (will he be useful?)

Get diadem {and secure it in a safe place}

Get diary (Malfoy Manor? Or their vaults?)

Get ring (Gaunt Shack)

Get locket (with Regulus)

Get cup (Bellatrix's vault?) (vault number ~ 711)

Don't get caught!

Hermione decided that she would try to find at least one horcrux a month. Hermione thought it would be easiest to find the diadem first, since it was hidden in Hogwarts. However, the room was so big, and she only had time to search a small part of it – her attempts had been fruitless, so far. She remembered that it had sat on top of a bust, but she couldn't find it anywhere.

Then, instead of going down to breakfast, she had taken a walk along the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Hermione had come across some Thestrals and had spent the remainder of the morning with them, promising to return after dinner. As she headed to her last class of the day, she thought, Jeez, Hermione, you must really be losing it if you're talking to Thestrals, now. Hermione had found the animals comforting, though – they were gentle and sweet, and they reminded her of Luna and the other friends she had lost, but not in a sad way; more bittersweet. She had relished in that feeling; being with the Thestrals made her feel better.

Hermione got to Transfiguration and took a seat in the middle of the classroom, avoiding eye contact with her professor. She was starting to worry when class started and neither Sirius, Remus, nor James were there yet. Just as McGonagall started talking, the three barged into the room, "We're here! Don't worry!" Cried Sirius taking his seat next to Hermione, who rolled her eyes.

"That's wonderful," Minerva replied dryly, but Hermione could tell she was trying not to smile.

"It is, isn't it, Minnie?" James grinned.

She shook her head in exasperation and turned to the rest of the class, giving them the assignment for the day, "Today, you will be filling out a packet on the steps to successfully transfigure multiple objects at once. Turn them in at my desk," she paused and as an afterthought, added, "and please, do not forget your name and the date. I know that it's the beginning of the school year, but it's quite annoying, and if you do forget, I'm going to give you only half credit."