xv

Disclaimer: I own nothing except the order these words are in, everything else belongs to JKR.

A/N: So. I kind of forgot that October was a thing. Like, in its entirety. If you go back and look at the dates the story takes place in, you'll see a jump from September 29 (I think) to November 1, or so. I'm not going to fix it, though, because I already have chapters (up until 35) planned that are riding on Christmas break being now. If I included October, I would have to push back a bunch of stuff and you would probably just get a filler chapter or two – which I'm not interested in writing, and I'm sure you're not interested in reading. (Once the story's done and I re-edit it – which I'm planning to do – I'll probably add those chapters in.)

Alright. It's been a while, and I'm extremely sorry for my lack of updates. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

December 17, 1977

Gryffindor Common Room, 8:00 pm

3rd Person POV:

"Hermione?"

She yawned as she slowly woke up, someone shaking her, "Remus?"

"Yeah, it's me. You fell asleep."

"Oh." She blushed, "Sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Are you okay?" James asked from the floor, "I mean, you were asleep in the library, and you fell asleep again."

Sirius nodded and added, "Yeah, and it's only eight."

Hermione stifled another yawn, "I'm fine, just tired, that's all."

"Okay."

"Hermione?" James paused.

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna go to Hogsmeade with us tomorrow? We're just going to do some Christmas shopping and stuff."

She looked surprised, and opened her mouth to respond, but immediately closed it again. After a moment, "I, er, I don't know. I have an essay I'd like to get done."

"Aww, c'mon Hermione! You'll have the whole break to finish it!" Sirius whined, "You'll like Hogsmeade, I promise." Remus and James nodded their agreement.

She still looked skeptical. The little village held more memories than Hermione could count, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to go back, but she swallowed thickly and thought, what harm could it really do? I'll be fine. "Sure. I-I'll go with you guys." After all, she did have to do some Christmas shopping – she intended to buy something for each of the Marauders, Lily, Severus, Minerva, and Albus. Not to mention Sirius' birthday was in a couple days, and she figured she might as well get him something else for that, too.

"Yes!" Crowed Sirius, jumping up and throwing his arms around Hermione, who flinched and tried to pull away for a moment, before relaxing into his arms. "Are you okay?" He murmured into her ear.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good. Just got a little startled, that's all," she muttered.

"'Kay." He rested his chin on her head, and she couldn't help but lean into him.

Both James and Remus rolled their eyes at his pleased expression.

December 18, 1977

7th Year Gryffindor Girls Dorms, 10:00 am

3rd Person POV:

Hermione yawned, and buried her face further into her pillow. She was still exhausted, and if she was being honest, she really didn't want to go to Hogsmeade today. As grateful as she was that the three boys had stayed behind for her, she wanted some time to herself.