1

TWS: Strong Language, Physical Violence, Abusive Speech, Abuse, Blood and Mentions of Death.

"Does anyone want to answer?" The teacher's voice echoed throughout the lecture hall, striking every student in its wake.

"Is it b=54?"

"Correct, now we can move on to the next equation."

The boy that just answered heard groans around him as soon as the teacher turned back towards the blackboard to finish the next math equation.

"Seungmin!" A familiar voice that belonged to a boy with fox-like features was waving a hand in front of his eyes.

"What is it Jeongin? I'm trying to listen to Mr. Kimble."

"I got an email."

Seungmin turns his head towards the boy and gives half of his attention, still trying to solve the next math problem.

"Prism Universit-", Seungmin was halfway done reading the email's heading before the bell rang, causing him to be swept up in the waves of people heading towards the cafeteria.

He situated himself at one of the lunch tables alone and pulled out a rugged lunch bag. He set out his lunch and saw the usual, a slightly rotten apple, a horrid smelling cured meat sandwich with surprisingly non-moldy bread, and a fresh bag of chips for doing well in one of his classes. Seungmin began to eat the sandwich when the same boy from earlier came to sit right across from him.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked, holding out the bag of chips to the fox-look-alike in front of him.

"I am, but I already ate a pretty good lunch Seungmin, you shouldn't give away food when you barely have any." Jeongin gestured towards Seungmin's lunch in front of him, knowing he would need to throw away most of it since it was spoiled.

"No really, I am fine. My mom just hasn't gone shopping recently."

"Your mom never goes shopping, when was the last time you had an actual lunch with nothing being spoiled?"

Seungmin sat there for a bit staring at his friend. He thought about home for a bit, before diverting his attention back to Jeongin.

"What about your dad? Does he go shopping for you guys?

Seungmin's expression broke from the casual deadpan look to one that is a mixture of grief and desperation.

Jeongin quickly caught on, "Oh Seungmin...I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry."

Seungmin nodded in response and stared down at his miserable lunch.

"It's alright Jeongin. It has only been a month since he passed so it isn't your fault that you think he is still here." Seungmin quickly broke his gaze with his food and darted his head up towards the ceiling to help suppress the tears forming in his eyes.

"No really Seungmin... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have."

"It's alright, I know you didn't mean any ill manners towards him."

The silence grew between them when Seungmin stopped talking, getting awkwarder every second that passed.

"So.... you wanted me to see that email?"

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it." Jeongin quickly scooted himself next to Seungmin shoving the phone upward for Seungmin to read.

Dear Yang Jeongin,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to Prism University of Magic and Combat. Tuition will be covered if you attend, and you will be sorted into a house when you arrive-