2

TWS: Strong Language & and Mentions of Blood

The brown-haired man looked back with a startled look on his face that was slowly morphing into anger, feeling like he had been caught in the act. His defined back facing Seungmin as he was bent over grabbing a shirt from the couch cushions. The light from the lamp hit his pale skin essentiating a glow.

Seungmin stared a few more seconds before Minho broke the silence, "Channie!"

The man responded with a slight nod, putting on the black long sleeve that rested in his hands. "What is it Minho?" Chan's voice was stern, keeping his gaze fixed on his friend rather than batting an eye to the puppy in the room.

"Say hello to your new roommate!" Minho shot jazz hands towards Seungmin trying to expose his presence in the room.

Chan walked forward with his gaze on Minho until he was right in front of the two. He finally looked down to see two innocent orbs staring back at him. Chan didn't show any emotion as he looked at Seungmin, returning his gaze to Minho.

"Him?"

"No shit him, why would I bring a random person here, and send him jazz hands?" Minho's tone was blunt but joking at the same time. Minho stepped forward and leaned on Chan's shoulder with his arms so he could also face Seungmin.

Chan side-eyed Minho giving off a sign of disgust as the weight grew on his shoulder.

Seungmin felt heat rising to his extremities as the awkward silence rested amongst the atmosphere again. Both of the olders in front of him were staring at him like they were about to scold him. He felt the memories of his mother flood his mind, as Chan's emotionless expression slowly transformed into a slight scowl.

Seungmin couldn't take it anymore causing him to bow deeply to the two elders. "M-My name is Kim S-Seungmin! I am sorry for intruding!"

Silence fell back onto the room as Minho's laugh faded when Seungmin's head was still facing the floor to pay all his respect to them. He raised his head to see Minho not by Chan's shoulder anymore, but rather behind him about to exit the dorm.

Seungmin's eyes darted from Minho to Chan and back to Minho, confused on why everything was moving so fast. He reached out his arm halfway hoping to halt Minho's actions, but Chan was already seeing Minho out of his apartment so he could continue to change into his sleepwear.

The dorm door closed quietly as Minho left leaving the upcoming senior and freshman to themselves. The two of them stared at each other again, stealing glances while too nervous to make the first move.

"You said your name is Seungmin right?" Chan's voice sounded calm, but condescending in a way where Seungmin could shudder against his words.

"Y-Yes,"

"Is this your first time on campus?" Chan raised an eyebrow, letting his eyes roam around Seungmin and his lack of belongings.

"Yes... and sorry in advance if I ask too many questions." Seungmin's voice was small and shriveled, trying to not say anything to offend the older in any way.

"Have you been sorted yet?"

"No, but I think Minho said something about being sorted tomorrow during orientation. What house are you?"

"I'm in the Red House, and you are attending orientation?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I am in charge of showing some new people around tomorrow at orientation, so if you want you can sign up under my name so us two can explore the campus together as roommates."

Seungmin was surprised by Chan's gesture to show him around. The man he was talking to was still talking with a slight amount of disappointment and arrogance in his voice, but his vocabulary and articulation when he spoke made him feel soft and understanding with Seungmin's needs.

"That'd be nice, I don't really know much about this school. My friend Jeongin also wanted to meet at orientation, is it alright if he tags along?"

"Sure, that's fine."

Chan shot Seungmin a soft smile which startled Seungmin at how Chan's cheeks indented in perfect circles. Chan's smile worked wonders on Seungmin, sending him into a state of shock at how perfect and satisfying it was to see Chan's lips form a perfect crescent.

"Do you need help unpacking? You can take the second bedroom, but I need to clean it since I put a bunch of shit in there."

"I should be fine, but thank you for accepting me into your dorm." Seungmin bowed down towards Chan, took off his shoes, and grabbed his backpack to head to the other bedroom.

Chan stopped him in the hallway, "Wait right here for a second." Chan scurried into the room, shortly exiting with a sheathed slim sword in his hands.

Seungmin jumped at the sight, he watched the sword in Chan's hands start to glow a faint red that quickly receded into the hilt when Chan looked over to Seungmin.

"Sorry, I forgot you aren't used to this magic stuff."

Seungmin could only nod, his eyes still fixated on the sword.

"I need to put this away, that room is where I stored all my training supplies."

Chan quickly transported all of the equipment out of the room so Seungmin could occupy the vacancy of his apartment. The room was small, but bigger and cleaner than the one at his mother's house. A small closet sat in the corner of the room, with a bathroom right next to it.

Seungmin looked down at his bag then at his clothes, realizing how dirty and berated they look.

"Is it alright if I borrow some clothes? I don't really have much other than these." Seungmin gestured to the clothes he was wearing, seeing Chan eye him head to toe.

Chan nodded and gave him an oversized T-shirt with some shorts, and a large black hoodie in case it got cold.

Seungmin thanked Chan once again, letting the older get changed and start heading to bed.

The first thing Seungmin did was take a long, hot, steaming shower that cleansed the month-long grime left against his skin. It felt like a second layer of skin was relieved from himself, making him feel lighter and younger. Even with the bruises and scars that scattered his body, he finally felt warm water caressing his pains massaging him to each droplet. He washed out the hidden bloodstains that rested in his scalp, his brown hair flowing and texturizing into soft silk with the aid of Chan's products.

He changed into the clothes which seemed to highlight his slim figure and sharp collar bones that protruded from the T-shirt. The sheets felt fluffy under his skin as he pulled the blankets over his body.

Seungmin's mind could not stop spiraling.

Spiraling about how much has changed for the better.