5

TWS: Anxiety, Mentions of Death, Descriptions of Blood, PTSD, Violence

Seungmin creased the envelope closed as his hands shook from the tremors that resonated through every fiber of his being. His mouth sat agape, setting the envelope on the wooden desk replaying the words in his head that struck a sudden earthquake within him.

"Hey Seungmin, have you seen my hoodi-" Chan was one step through the doorway before he took note of the shaking boy in front of him.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, what happened, Seungmin?" Chan's tone was panicked, placing himself next to the younger clasping his hands into his to attempt to stop the shaking.

Seungmin didn't answer. He was too focused on the flurry of thoughts that clouded the town of his brain. Chan began to shake the younger a bit to bring him out of his dazed state, hoping to get an explanation for the younger's panicked state.

"Sh-She is.."

"Seungmin, please...."

"S-Sorry, I just completely forgot."

"Forgot about what?"

Seungmin's eyes darted around the room in a panic to avoid Chan's impending question he laid down. It was at that point where Chan took notice of the envelope that had the engraving of Seungmin's on the outside. Chan reached for the envelope; opening it to unveil what it had to say.

Chan's eyes studied the note, feeling a sense of confusion wash over him when he finished reading the 3 words that were plastered on the large canvas of blank paper.

"What is this?"

"A letter from my mother."

"Why is it written like this?"

"Oh, uh-" Seungmin stumbled over his words, his gaze never locking onto Chan, "She must be nervous and worried since I didn't tell her when I left for school."

"Are you sure? This letter seems to tell the opposite."

"No-no trust me.." Seungmin's voice became laced with uncertainty as he continued, "She would not do anything bad to me, she is just worried since I never told her any notice about me leaving for school so early."

Seungmin felt himself wince internally for lying to Chan, but he didn't want to start problems like he always did. Chan let out a huge breath and had his features soften as the shaking in Seungmin's hands seemed to subside.

"Alright then, at least let me give you a ride to your house for when you visit." Chan lifted himself from the crouched position, patting his legs to rid the dirt and dust from his sweatpants.

Seungmin nodded, waving Chan off to bed as he thought of a reply to his mother. Seungmin ended up writing a lengthy letter that explained his absence and that he would come by on the weekend.

Dear Mother,

I will be home this weekend and will tend to what I have missed at home. I'm sorry I did not tell you in advance when I would leave, but I hope to see that you can overlook my ignorance and excitement to attend this college. I have met a hospitable roommate that goes by the name of Chan, who will accompany me as my ride home. Don't worry about dues, I will get a job so I can help you pay for them.

Once again, I am really sorry that I gave zero notice for my leave from the house, and will subject myself to the punishment you see fit.

Love you,

Seungmin

Seungmin set the pen in the desk drawer and felt a shiver creeping through his back as he sealed it and wrote the address for the place he called "home". He slipped into the sleepwear that Chan bought for him and snuggled tightly into the sheets to rid the dread that filled his body.