3

TWS: Slight mentions of past abuse and Bullying

Beams of saturation contorted the room, light refracting on the window sill spreading splashes of blue and red against the tan wood floors. Seungmin's once cool covers began to rise in temperature, the sun's rays grew in intensity as the summer day longed.

His slumber was intruded on when he heard three soft clinks against the door frame. Seungmin opened up his vision to see a formally dressed Chan standing in frame with the aesthetic lighting coating his features. Seungmin scanned Chan head-to-toe, his shoes were made with a polished black leather that had a perfect seam lining the sole. His gaze shifted to his perfectly creased black pants and belt that were perfectly tailored for him. Chan's white shirt was tucked neatly with a gray jacket that had a fire spirit inhabiting the space on the jacket where his heart would be. He also bared a red tie and his sheathed sword on his back. Chan's clothing were all name brands and looked like it were left in mint condition

"How was your sleep?" Chan's voice seemed to pop Seungmin's bubble and brought him back to reality.

"It was good. Thank you again for letting me stay with you."

Chan nodded and offered a hand to Seungmin to help him out of the indention he manifested in the mattress, but Seungmin opted to stay inside the comfort of the covers.

"We leave in thirty minutes, Minho is going to be picking us up soon for orientation."

Seungmin thanked Chan, ultimately dismissing him so he can then get ready for the sorting ceremony and tour.

He tried his best to tidy up his previously worn clothes from yesterday up, but the ripped sections and the stained fabrics are still present throughout, no matter how hard he tries to keep it maintained. He slips on the hoodie Chan let him borrow to hide his worn shirt and bruised arms.

Seungmin walks outside of his room to see Chan waiting by the front door with his phone resting in his palms. He makes his approach slowly, not wanting to disturb the elder by making too much movement or noise.

When Seungmin got into the frame for Chan to see, his eyes diverted from the screen to Seungmin's tattered pants he wore from the previous night. He saw Chan take a double-take, wondering if his eyes were expelling an illusory spell on his senses.

"Didn't you wear those yesterday?"

Seungmin coyly responded with a quiet, "Yes."

Chan didn't push it farther, returning his attention to his phone again when it started to buzz.

"Hey."

Seungmin didn't know who was calling Chan but assumed it was Minho from the way Chan gave his answers through the phone.

"Yes. Yes. Yes I know to bring my tie! I already strapped my sword on my back so you don't have to worry. Alright, I'll see you in five."

Chan slipped the phone back into his pocket, directing his gaze to Seungmin.

"Sorry, Minho is going to be late by five minutes."

"That's alright, he can take his time and stay safe on the road."

Chan let out a small smile towards the younger. It felt warm and filling, giving him an unknown feeling he hasn't felt since his early years with his family.

"Do you have a number to call you during orientation?"

"Oh... I don't have a phone."

Chan sat there a little perplexed with his eyes lost in Seungmin's.