Chapter II:Home

"...."

Silence.

"....I don't think I can do this." Severus muttered to himself as he stared at the mirror.

He's been there for two hours since 4 o'clock in the morning,anxious to get things over and done with....and he still hadn't even had a single wink of sleep.

He'd been tossing and turning all night,restless and nervous of what tomorrow might bring that he ended up not sleeping at all.

Since his mother told him that his...father(the real one and not Tobias obviously)would be there to pick them up to come live with him last night,he couldn't help but to be anxious of what tomorrow would bring.

And its 6 in the morning...mother told him that they'd come to pick them up at seven.

Knock,knock!

Two dull thumps on his small,dingy and filthy bedroom door was heard, and he didn't turn around to answer it for he knew who it was.

"....Severus?Are you awake?" Was the frail voice of his mother.

It was actually stronger than before,and both of them were feeling a bit healthier looking after the sudden disappearance of the stupid muggle(whom his mother married)ever since the other day.

...Either way,his mother had already able to divorce the muggle,so she was back to having the last name of Prince back.

With another glance at his appearance--that he was still struggling to get used to--he turned to face his mother slowly.

"Yes,mother?"

Eileen sighed,approaching him and placing a hand and gently cupping his cheek as she searched his eyes,understanding gleaming in hers.

"...I've been calling out to you for a while now...come down and eat breakfast.Your father will be arriving soon with his entourage."

Severus flicked his eyes to the side to avoid her gaze,but didn't pull himself away and out of her touch.

"...I'm not hungry." He muttered lowly,fidgeting with his hands.

"I know...I had a feeling that you wouldn't be,but I had to make sure.I can see that you are anxious in meeting your father.After all those years of keeping it a secret from you,who wouldn't be?I'm surprised that you do not resent me for it..." She sighed,grabbing his hand and tugging it gently as he was led out of the room.

Severus said nothing at what his mother muttered at the end.

When they came downstairs,Severus saw a glimpse of two mugs of hot choco on the table,and raised his eyebrows.

"Mother,aren't you going to eat?Don't mind me and just eat if you want to--"

Severus started to try and convince her to eat as he whirled around to face his mother after she let go to head to the dinning area.

Eileen shook her head,gesturing for the ravenet to sit down:who,after hesitating for a bit,did as he was expected to and settled into the sit across from her.

"I am anxious as well...and maybe a bit excited." She smiled wryly,nestling the steaming mug in her hands.

It was hot,but not hot enough to be scalding.

"...They will arrive in a few minutes." Severus muttered lowly.

Silence reigned in once more,as both mother and son waited for their arrival,their postures as taut as a bow with its string pulled back and ready to let loose an arrow.