10: The Return

Dirty Laundry's Chapter Ten

Kimberly Mantez

"But he has to realize that everybody can not commit their life to him."-Kimmy

- 5 am

I laid in bed, slowly drifting to sleep, as Pretty Little Liars played on my television. My eyes popped open when I heard the sounds of feet coming towards my door. I sat upright in the bed, knowing it could only be Malik. He walked through our bedroom door, and headed straight to the bathroom. I reached over and cut on the lamp beside the bed and followed him.

He had turned the shower on and was already bathing when I got inside. I leaned against the counter, causing my silk gown to rise a bit.

"So, where've you been?" I asked.

He ignored me, continuing to wash his body. I picked up his clothes from the floor, slid his belt out of his pants and then placed them in the dirty clothes hamper.

He stepped out of the shower, water dripping from his body. I watched as he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his naked waist.

"Malik, baby, I'm here for you. What's going on?" I assured as I continued to lean against the bathroom counter.

He continued to ignore me, beginning to brush his teeth. After brushing his teeth he rinsed his mouth and went to the other side of our bathroom, to find a pair of boxers.

As he looked through the Chester. I stood behind him and wrapped my arms around him. As I pressed my lips against the smooth skin across his scapula, I told him that I would be here whenever he needed me. His shoulders began to tremble, like he was a cold, wet, lonely, puppy that had been left to fend for itself. I knew he was crying.

He turned to face me, tears cascading from his bright, brown eyes. He wrapped his around my shoulders, bringing my body into his, holding onto me as if he thought I would vanish.

"Kimmy I'm sorry for all the shit I put you through, you really all I got," he sobbed, "I'm sorry for how I acted. I just can't stand losing my family! I worked so hard to get us where we at, I can feel us drifting apart! Even you trynna leave me!"

I didn't know what to think or say, Malik has never completely broken down. He's never showed me his weak, vulnerable side. I know he longs to have a loving family, but he has to realize that everybody can not commit their life to him. MaliQua cannot live off of him forever. Because he won't always be here. So I don't blame her for wanting to get out into the world and experience life! I made the mistake of getting caught up, I won't try and talk her into the same thing I did. Because I know how it turns out, I'm living it.

"Malik, baby Im not going nowhere. Neither is your mother, or your sister. Mali is just going to get an education, dont you want that for her? Dont you want her to be able to live a happy life, being a beautiful educated black woman. She's always gonna be your sister, no matter where she goes, and you know she will always return. You have got to stop being so mean and selfish! If there is anybody tearing this family apart, its you! With you malicious acts and the words you say! You can't keep treating us the way you do and expect us to just sit back and take it!" I expressed, for the first time in what felt like forever.

I've been afraid to speak my mind to Malik for so long, that I forgot what it felt like to actually think for myself, to speak for myself, my independence had been robbed from me.

"Im sorry Kimmy, I know the shit I pull is fucked up," he continued to cry.

"You gotta get some help Malik, I'm serious," I said as I pulled away from him to look into his eyes, "If you can't get it together, you might just really lose it one day, and kill me. What will MJ do then?"

"You right, Ill do whatever, long as I don't lose you, I love you," he admitted.

"I love you too Malik," I replied.

**

yes, kind of short, I wanted to update though :) so enjoy!