11: Carnival Bumpin'

Dirty Laundry's Chapter Eleven

- Kimmy Mantez

I ended up calling the 'friendly date' off with Andre. Malik's back and I'm going to be here for him. Plus, I really believe that would be all types of disrespectful to him. Since our moment in the bathroom, Malik has been such a better person. It's been almost three weeks, this is the longest he's gone with getting himself together and I think he's serious this time. He comes home at a decent time, doesn't smoke or drink as much, he hasn't hit me, or talked to me out of the way at all, and he even helps me out with MJ more.

"Hey, you wanna go to the carnival tonight?" Malik came through the front door, asking.

My face scrunched up in confusion, "I thought you hated carnivals? You said you couldn't stand 'all them damn people bumping me," I mimicked him with a chuckle.

He laughed and shook his head, "Yo, shut up. My voice is sexier than that," he smirked.

"Yeah okay, if that's what you say."

"Anyway, you down or what?

I shrugged and nodded, getting up to change clothes.

"What time we going?"

"Uhh, whenever you ready I guess, its open till midnight, but we got MJ so we might need to go on and go fore' his lil ass decide he tired."

**

After changing into some jeans and a t-shirt, I went back downstairs to see Malik putting MJ's shoes on. I grabbed my cross body bag and MJ a few juices for the ride and then went out to the car. MJ and Malik were behind me. Malik got MJ situated in the back seat before coming over and getting in the driver's seat, and starting the journey to the Carnival.

Arriving at the Carnival, I shook MJ awake. It's crazy how much he's just like Malik, he can fall sleep at any place and time, within seconds!

"Get up baby, we're here," I spoke, encouraging him to open his eyes.

Malik got MJ out and we headed to the carnival grounds. I pushed MJ's stroller, asking him what ride he wanted to get on first.

Of course he pointed to the scariest one, which he couldn't get on.

"Try again lil man," Malik said.

I watched as he started to whine, his face turning up hideously, "Aww, come on MJ. Stop crying baby, we can play games? You wanna play games?"

He nodded, sniffing his few tears back.

"I wan' play games ma," he said.

Malik and I made our way to the many booths, I left them there and took the stroller, to get a funnel cake. When I found a nice place to sit and eat, I did. And just waited for Malik to text me and tell me when they were done and were finished playing the games and whatever else they wanted to do.

I was just sitting peacefully until I saw Malik walk up with Andre, MJ, and some girl I had never seen before. She was really pretty, and was probably a little taller than me. Her hair, which was a weave, was about a twenty four inch, but it was good quality hair, and she wore it well. She wore a hot pink crop top, showing off her nice taunt, tummy, and acid wash, shorts. Completely putting my outfit to shame.

I stood when they were standing in front of me.

"Look who I dun' ran into babe, Andre, and this his girl," he trailed off, I'm guessing because he forgot her name, I really wasn't listening anyway though.

His girl? What? In what world?

"Andrea," Andre said "Nice seeing you Kimmy," he smiled genuinely.

So he's not gonna correct him? This can't be his girlfriend, he's been in my inbox the past month!

"You too," I said shortly.

"Yeah, Andrea, this is my wife, Kimmy," Malik introduced us politely.

"Nice to meet you," I said to her.

"Same to you," she smiled shaking my head.

"You know since I never get to meet any of Andre's friends, we should have dinner one night? Like a little adult shin dig, or whatever. We could play some games, oh! I know! The fight! We could watch the fight, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao together! Save one of us from buying it," she laughed.

"Yeah, that's a good idea, what yall think?" Andre asked.

Malik nodded, "if Kimmy is cool with it, Im down."

"So Kimmy? What do you say?"

I looked at all three of them, knowing damn well I didn't want to do this. And why in the fuck would Andre agree with this happy ass girl?

"Sure. Why not?"

Comment and Vote,

Comments : 50
if I reach that I'll either update with tonight or tomorrow. most likely tonight.