08: Gym Session

Dirty Laundry's Chapter Eight

"I don't want to be rushing into something, with the wrong woman,"-Andre

- Andre Jackson

Monday morning, and I was up and going. Monday is always, the worst day of the week for me. Either I stay up extremely too late Sunday night, or I haven't prepared for something that just pops up. So no, I wasn't looking forward to begin my day. Unfortunately, last night's cause of my horror of Monday, was lack of sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about how Kimmy just up and disappeared. It was like, she had a deadline, or a curfew. Like she was a teenager that was going to get their ass whooped if they weren't home by a certain time.

Honestly, I don't think Kimmy and I will be anything more than friends. She's practically married and even has a kid. Don't get me wrong, I love children. But, being that she's in a relationship, with the man that fathered her child, she'll never let him go. He'll always have some kind of hold her, and really I'm not with the drama. Malik and I have been cool for sometime now, and to tell you the God honest truth, I don't favor him. He's a big shot, likes to be in charge all the damn time, which makes me wonder how he treats Kimmy. I hope he's not mistreating her though, she deserves the absolute best.

I think it's best Kimmy and I continue to be friends though, she seems like she needs a shoulder to lean on sometimes. And for some reason, I feel like I should be that shoulder. I've never been so drawn to a person in my life, so maybe God is working on something up there. We'll just have to wait and see.

"Morning Ma, how you sleep?" I asked, kissing my mother's cheek as I squeezed my way past her.

"Good morning baby, I slept pretty well, how about you?"

"Aight. What you whipping for your favorite son?" I teased.

She chuckled, shaking her head, "you're my only son man."

She fixed my plate, filling it with eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, and homemade cinnamon stick, all of my favorites. My eyes lit up at the sight of food, and I instantly began to dig in.

"Slow down, before you choke Andre!" she demanded, sitting a cup of orange juice of the marble counter top.

"Thanks Mom," I smiled up at her with a mouth full of food.

"So damn nasty," she shook her head.

**

"Yeah man, Barkia has worrying the hell out of me! I mean, if I shower when I get home, she gone accuse me of having 'been out sexing some hoe', knowing damn well I was at the gym!" My man, Tyler complained about his wife of three years.

Another reason I wasn't looking forward to getting married anytime soon. Married women seemed to be the worse, always nagging, and always accusing. I had time for neither.

"Look, you been doing this for three years. You must like it cause' you always go back," I responded shaking my head.

Tyler and I have been boys for a couple of years now. He and I played ball together in the NBA before I was transferred to play with The Miami Heat. He was one of my first friends in the industry and we can relate on tons of things. All except his women problem, well woman problem.

"Her pussy just so damn...whew!" He stopped what he was doing to shout.

I laughed at this nigga's goofiness and told him he better stop playing with the Lord.

"Man, when you gone settle down? You been doing this alone shit for a while? You don't want nobody to go home to?" Tyler asked, knowing he was about to irk my nerves.