Chapter 8

A/N This chapter is dedicated to: @1045316a , as well as @DavinazClaire 

Have an awesome day, guys!!!

[Prim's pov]

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: the 74th Annual Hunger Games' winners! Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark." Claudius rushes to say, stumbling over his words.

I can almost sense people all over the Capitol, the 12 Districts, gasping. Two winners.

That's never happened, has it? I wouldn't know.

At the same time, knowing that Katniss is coming home, that she won't go away again - I've never smiled this way. I've never been so relieved. I've never been so scared.

Heart thumping, I turn to mom. "Is Gale watching from their house?"

She shakes her head."No. Gale isn't watching."

"It's because he loves Katniss, isn't it?"

She stares. "How- I- Yes. I'd say he does. But how did you know?"

I always knew.

"The look in his eyes when she kissed Peeta... he's scared he'll see that again, isn't he?"

She nods.

"But he should know. He should know that she's coming back."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, I'm going to him, and I'm going to tell him."

"Prim-"

I ignore her as a certain recklessness I've never sensed takes control.

"Goodbye."

He could be in about a thousand places, but I know where I'm going first.

Over the fence...