May The Odds Part 2 - Catching Fire/ Chapter 14

A/N I'm ecstatic to announce May The Odds Part 2 - Catching Fire!! Hope you enjoy reading, guys. Meanwhile, I also can't believe that this book just hit #258 in #hungergames! Please vote, comment, and add to your reading lists to show support and see whether we can reach the top 200!

Was there a scene in the first book you love I never did? Leave suggestions inline here.

Chapter 14

[Gale's pov]

I never knew it was possible to hate a person like I hate President Snow. I hate his mustache, like something crawled onto his upper lip and died there. I hate his sliminess. I hate how obsessed he is with roses. I get the feeling he cares more his plants than about all 12 Districts and the Capitol combined. Maybe a rebel would be willing to take some poison and spray all the blooms. Maybe when he saw them wither away and die he would feel even 1% of the pain he's made people feel through the Hunger Games.

The announcement came as a shock, to put it in the mildest way possible. What first freaked me out was that there was a chance Katniss would be going back to the Arena, just when I was sure that it was at least over.

Then I realized, there was no way she wouldn't be going back. Because in all 74 Hunger Games up until this point, there have been just three victors hailing from the coal district.

Two male - Haymitch, the drunk, and Peeta, the boy with the bread.

Just one was female, and she was called - is called - Katniss Everdeen.

The girl on fire.

Katniss is going back, when all she had to do was stay. 

All you had to do was stay.