The End Is Just The Beginning/ Chapter 13

A/N Please skip ahead to 0:50 in the video.

"As a reminder, that even the strongest  cannot overcome the power of the Capitol, the male and female tributes are to be reaped - from the existing pool of victors in each district."

_________________________________________________________

[Katniss' pov]

"No!" She's shrieking, and in her screams I feel her pain. "No, please - n-not Katniss - again. Please!"

I turn around to look at Mother, and then I can't handle it another second. I run out the room, slamming the door closed, and into the forest, far far away.

As they used to say in the stories Prim and I were read as toddlers.

But this isn't like those stories.

The ones where the princesses had those sweeping, glittering, rainbow-coloured gowns and princes to come save them and palaces to live in as they waited, helpless. I'm in District 12, in a dark, damp, ramshackle village where the houses and the roads are coal-black. I have no one to save me.

I had Gale, but I pushed him away.

I have no one. And this time, when I go back to the Games, I'm willing to die.

What is there to live for now?

[Gale's pov]

How broken can a person be?

At least she's back, I thought. At least she won't leave again. At least it was just once.

I was wrong.

I-