Chapter 3: The Mature One

Right back here again. Single. Bitter. Angry. And alone, well not really alone because Lilith would still come to my house and we would still have sex every once in a while. Damien had been sent to a group home, which sucked because I didn't even know what happened to him. He just up and disappeared one day and no one knew where he went. My underlings slowly started to turn their backs on me, and everyone knew me again as the outcast. No longer was I King. No longer was I in control. And no longer was I sure I even wanted to be. I started going to class. That's how bored I was with everything. Freshman girls would come up to me and I would turn them away. Seniors would talk to me and I would ignore them. I felt empty. Like I was missing something. I wanted something, anything, that would make me feel like I was whole still. My attendance in class didn't last long. I started cutting again, I started to see Mandy around again, her and I would talk and hang out. But it wasn't the same. She no longer had the same charm to her that she did before everything that happened. Sooner rather than later, I stopped hanging out with her too.

That's when I ran into Kate. Now, if you remember, Kate was the friend to Marie. I would say best friends, because that's what they told me, but best friends don't do what they did to each other. Not in my world anyway. See, I ran into Kate cutting class one day. She was trying to finish up some homework before going in and I was just avoiding class all together. Her and I never really spoke before, she was a grade ahead of me and she was a year older than I am. I didn't bother with her because my bullshit only worked on girls that wanted it to work. I know that now.

That day, we hung out, albeit in silence. We eventually did make small talk. She told me what she thought about the stuff that happened with me and Marie, me and James, and me and Julie. I told her that I didn't care what she thought because she wasn't there. She couldn't tell me I was wrong for what I almost did. For what I did do. Or for what I did say. I think that ticked her off, but she was definitely a lot more refined than the other girls. She was much more critical in the way she thought things out. I loved that about her, and it is what initially drew me to her. We argued a bit after that. She told me what she thought, like I said, but it was the fact that she wanted me to know that it didn't just effect those involved. It affected everyone. After some time that day, we became just a bit more friendly. And after she came back from class to cut another period with me...we got friendlier. We ended up laughing and bantering back and forth and we never once thought about what was happening. When the day ended, I walked her to the subway, and she asked for my number, and I obliged. We texted that whole day. And by the end of that day, I was hooked.

This was different though. I didn't want her to submit to me. Well, no. I didn't want to make her submit to me. I wanted her to do it on her own. I wanted her to want me the way Lilith and Marie did. I wanted her to want me to be her master the way Lilith wanted, but I wanted her to willingly give in the way Marie did. So, I remained shut. I didn't say anything about what I wanted or what I felt. Her and I hung out a lot more after that. I hadn't seen Marie in a while, but that's because I knew she was pissed at me and everyone else. Kate and I spent a lot of time together, not even Amy knew about it. Which was good, because she would have ratted us out again to someone.

One day, Kate started to act different. She was a lot more smiley and bashful. I would say something and she would respond with something snarky. Though it wasn't snarky like "Bitch I will cut you" it was snarky like "You gotta buy me dinner before you can put anything in my mouth" type of thing. She didn't say that, but that's what the type of snarky was. It was flirty. I walked her to the subway that day too, when we finally got there, we paused for a moment. She smiled that coy little smile before saying goodbye and she left. I went home that day thinking maybe she just wasn't into me. She texted me that night too. I still remember smiling down at my phone when I read what she sent me.