Chapter 4: The Narcissistic One

Well, I went in to my senior year a taken man. Kate and I decided to try and do long distance and, at Thanksgiving she was going to come back, and we would finally have sex. Which was what she wanted, and I was okay with waiting for. 

Que problematic teenage boy brain. 

Right when I thought I had changed my ways and I was content with just having made someone like Kate fall in love with me, I met Lena. Sigh. If I could say I didn't go after Lena, I would end the chapter here and move on. I would tell you that old habits really did die and I had no inclination to pursue her...but that would be a lie. If I could change anything in my life. Anything at fucking all...it would be this chapter. And that's saying something.

The most obvious place to begin would be first semester back that year. I had a whole summer to grow more. My hair got longer again and I chopped it off. My body got bigger; my jaw grew more defined. I grew into a very much miniature Val Kilmer Batman. Which, I've been told my whole life I look like him. Remember, how earlier I said Lisa told Abby I looked like Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World? Yeah, I was glad no one watched comic movies like I did at that time. My first week back in school, me and Damien were standing around being douchebags, as we normally were. If you've ever seen Harry Potter and the Half-blood prince and you remember the scene where Professor McGonagall yells at Harry to take Ron with him to potions class because the two of them were just standing off to the side looking at girls...yeah that was me and Damien that day. That's when I saw Lena. The girl with streaks in her hair, piercings and probably the widest hips of any teenage girl I dated. I mean super-duper junk in the trunk. Oh, yeah. I should probably mention now that what drew Lena to me was my piercings. I got my labret and my eyebrow pierced after Lilith and I broke up, and it's probably why a lot of these girls were attracted to me to begin with. You know loner, outcast, edgy, pierced, bad attitude. I really walked out of a teen soap and they loved it.

Anyway, I saw her and told myself I would behave. I had a girlfriend who was madly in love with me and that was enough. That should be enough. It had to be enough.

It wasn't enough.

Julie came up to me one day and asked if I knew the scene girl (Scene was the style back in 2008 and it was a simpler time) I said; "No, not personally" and then he said the words that I wish I ignored.

"I'm gonna try and fuck her, don't get in my way"

Fuck you Julie. Fuck you.

I took that as a challenge. I took that as a claim to my throne. The throne that I was sitting comfortably atop because I had Lilith who still came to me at my beck and call. I had Kate who loved me. And now, I would have to add Lena to my collection of servants. Just for the record, I never cheated on Kate with Lilith. I know a lot of people think I did, but honestly, it's one of the things I'm most proud of in my life. I didn't break that trust that she put in me. So, when bitch ass Julie said those words to bitch ass younger me, the Sebastian in me came out. I laughed in his face.

"Good luck with that" I scoffed at him. I didn't know that I fell for his trap. He outmaneuvered me. He got the upper hand in a game that took weeks to come to a close. As soon as I accepted that challenge, I made it my business to pull Lena into my web. I enlisted the help of my reluctant subjects. Lisa, gay Mike, Annette, and Annette's best friend Aaliyah. She brought her to me, and almost instantly I had won. She had a boyfriend, inconsequential in my quest to make her submit to me. I would make her my new play thing, solely because Julie wanted her. Once Lena and I met, he would never get the chance. We started hanging out. We'd talk about whatever we wanted, and from the very start she was hooked onto me. She latched onto me with the grip of a vice. She realized that boys were fighting over her and she chose the most likely winner of the outcome. The King. She chose me because in her mind, she wanted the one that would make her look the best. The one that was the most sought-after commodity. After asking around, she heard of me. She knew of me. And just like that, she wanted me. That's when I lost. Julie and his cohorts told Kate that I was spending a lot of time with the new girl. That they would see us in the bat-cave or the panda room for hours alone. Which was absolutely true, but nothing ever happened between us. I just didn't want Julie to have anything happen with him either.