Chapter 5: The sweet one

The year was 2013. I sped off to college without Lena (I had to go a week earlier than her) and I was ready to make an impact in a new place with new people. I was older than mostly everyone and I was far more destructive towards myself and others than anyone knew. My first week there without Lena, she broke up with me over the phone. In response I slept with my upstairs neighbor. I stopped sleeping with my upstairs neighbor when she told her boyfriend we'd been sleeping together...and he wanted to watch. No thanks. 

I taught the younger guys how to hit on girls, specifically the R.As. I taught the girls a few things too, though a lot of it was one-on-one. On one particular day, that's when I met her. I had a chip on my shoulder the size of Texas, I was fed up with Lena, I was fed up with the rules of my new school. I was fed up with trying to become King again. People thought they could just walk all over me, and that wasn't gonna happen. I made sure of it day one. Some boys cut ahead of me in registration, I cut the whole fucking line. People kept bumping into me while walking by, I started pushing motherfuckers out my way. People would try to act tough and I would tell them to fuck off before pressing back at them. My freshman classmates knew not to piss me off. 

All of them except her. 

I was waiting outside the dining hall, I arrived too early and the stupid doors were locked. It was a hot as fuck August day, because when you are way up north of New York City, the summers are hot as Satan's balls and the winters are longer than death. So, I was standing there, minding my business when these three girls. Meryl, Minnie, and Charlie stopped just across from me. Meryl was wearing a Chibi Batman shirt, and Charlie was quick to point it out. Charlie kept trying to engage me in conversation but I kept blowing her off. That was only because I wasn't wearing my glasses and I couldn't even see her face honestly. 

Eventually, the doors opened and I got my breakfast. I made my way to the very back, and I mean very fucking back of the dining hall, and of ALL the empty seats...Charlie sits with me. And because Charlie sat with me, so did her friends. "Whatever" I thought, "I don't care" I ate my breakfast in silence and instead just listened to Charlie talk about how she'd been to London, Ireland, Paris, and all these places, she especially wouldn't shut up about her boyfriend. The way she spoke was obnoxious and it annoyed me. I wanted to put her in her place. Yet, something about her was inviting. I wanted to get to know her. I wanted to hear her laugh more, and hear her talk more. Before I knew it, I offered her my phone. "What's this?" She asked. I wanted to be sarcastic but I didn't want to scare her off. "Give me your number, if you want" I told her in response. She smiled very shyly as she took it. I texted her one time so that she could save my number, and she quickly replied. "Thanks, I'll be sure to save it mystery boy 😉" I was careful not to text her back. I didn't want her to know that she had my attention. Not to mention she had a boyfriend and I still had Lena to contend with. I let it go. I didn't speak with Charlie again for a few weeks. But that was just the beginning.

Lena arrived and it was back to her old ways. She tried to throw her weight around. Telling everyone who would listen that I was her man. That I belonged to her. That others wished they could have me. That's when I truly realized that I was just a prize to her. People wanted to know her more simply because she was with me. She even tried to make sure the girls who lived in my dorm stayed away from me, which only made them want to talk to me more. There was Mika, who looked a lot like former WWE Divas champion Paige. Haley, my next-door neighbor. Joey, her best friend. Peyton, my neighbor across the hall and upstairs. And lastly, Kelly, from down the hall. Now I can say from the start that me and Mika never did anything. She had too much of her own drama to deal with my bullshit. She was dating Clark Kent and he was fucking her sister. I wanted no part of that drama. Me and Kelly never did anything because she annoyed me beyond wanting to make her submit. Joey wanted me because I was the quiet, to myself one, and because Lena went around telling everyone they couldn't have me. Haley didn't like me at first, but her part kind of starts here and then continues later on. So, there I was, Joey wanted me, I wanted Charlie, Haley didn't want me and I ended up sleeping with Peyton.