Ray Of Hope

Remember that you are always making up the future as you go.
- Randall Munroe

As soon as they reached hospital Shristi was taken for required treatments while shreyas was taken to OPD Section for his head injury.

" You're lucky Shreyas.. The injury is not that bad " Dr. Agarwal said as completed his stitch and bandaged his wound well.

" Yeah I am. " He chuckled dryly

" What happened there? " He asked being concerned for Shreyas. Being a doctor in his sixties he knew Shreyas since he was an intern, Dr. Agarwal admired Shreyas as he was one of the most promising young doctors of hospital .

Shreyas explained the scenario to him.

" That's horrifying. Why didn't she tried to contact the police ? " Dr. Agarwal gasped

" As I told you his husband is very influential. I never thought that my childhood will turn out like this " Shreyas let out a tired sigh

" I actually need you help sir " He said immediately.. " Your daughter in law's  father in Police Commissioner right? " He asked hoping to listen a positive answer

Dr. Agarwal smiled at him. " What happened?? " Shreyas asked being confused at Dr. Agarwal's expression

" You're a good man " He said " I was about to tell you the same thing. I will give you his no. Talk with him " Dr. Agarwal said.

" Thank you so much sir it will mean a lot" Shreyas smiled at him.

As soon as he left his room he called his sister Simran.
" Yep " She immediately picked up the call

" Can you please clean up the guestroom?? " He asked sweetly 

" But.. Maid will come tomorrow she will do it no! You know that this is the only thing I hate. " Simran huffed.

" I know but please it's an emergency. I am coming home with someone.. " Simran didn't let Shreyas finish

" Are you coming over with your girlfriend? Thank god!! At last I will a companion.. We will tickle your life out together " She grinned

" Nooo.. I am coming with my girlfriend.. I don't have one.. Not yet.. Just clean it a bit.. Please " Shreyas pleaded

" What will I get in return ? " Simran asked Dominantly

" Ugh! Pizza treat from your favourite pizza joint.. Now please, will you? " He asked

" Okay okay.. See you soon " Simran said and hung up.

" Who is coming with him? " She wondered for a while then concentrated on her work.

________________

Shreyas hurriedly came towards emergency  the ward where Shristi was kept. She was kept in a separate cabin for two reason for the fact that she had history of being abused and taking anti depressants, too many patients may frighten her.

As shreyas went into cabin she saw Shristi sleeping possibly because of the sedatives and medicine . He glanced at the monitor and let out relief when saw everything was normal

" How is she? " He asked the nurse who was appointed for her

" I gave her all the medications and Dr. Anjali's prescription " She said while handing a file to Shreyas " She may go through some convulsions while being unconscious since anti depressants are cut off . So keep a good eye and if something serious happens call Dr. Anjali.. " Shreyas said with a heavy heart.

He wished to stay there himself to keep an eye on her movement but at the end if the day he is doctor he can't neglect his own patients. He had to do some rounds around hospital and didn't like shoving his responsibility to someone else.

Later in the evening Shristi was taken to Shreyas's house. She was getting carried in a strecher since because of her prolonged unconscious.

" Oh my god!! What.. " Shreyas stopped his sister and asked her to not freak out.
" I will explain everything later " He said and went with to the guest room to settle her down along with two ward boys who were carrying her.

They made her lie down on the bed and attached the saline with her. As they left Shreyas sat beside her on the edge of the bed. He took a closer look at her face. Pale and worn out. He promised to himself that he will make her smile again.

" Welcome to a new life " He whispered next to her ear before leaving the room.
___________________

I know it's a small update. Since I wanted to write only this much in this chapter. I wanted to start her life at Shreyas house since next chapter.

Thank you for reading 📖