New Home

Remember that you are always making up the future as you go.
- Randall Munroe

Indistinct whispers and monitor beeping were the only things Shristi heard as the sedatives started wearing off her body.

Her eyelids felt too heavy to open . The monitor beeping made her more anxious.

" Uhh.. " She tried speaking

" Take it easy.. You're safe.. No need to get startled it's me Shreyas.. Try to open your eyes slowly " She heard the semi distinct voice . She felt light squeezes over her feet and hands. It felt good.

As her eyelids fluttered open she saw Shreyas standing beside her with a slight smile .The bandage around his head made her worried but she wasn't still able to form perfect words due to heavy sedatives dosage.
She looked around her , she was no more in hospital rather in someone else's bedroom . Another lady in nurse's uniform was massaging her feet lightly.

" I... What's this place? " She asked looking at Shreyas with pleading eyes.

Shreyas gestured the nurse to wait outside for a while. As soon as the nurse left Shreyas knelt down on the floor to come face to face with her.

"  You're in my house. This the guest room. For the time being you will stay with us at least untill you're fit enough to work somewhere get your own house. " Shreyas smiled

" I don't want to baggage to you anymore.. You already did a lot for me..went through a lot of hardships " She whispered while glancing at his bandage.

" You're no baggage to me.. Always remember that. And this is not much serious injury " He said pointing to his wound.

" Honestly I won't mind if you stay with us forever but I can't force you for that.." He smiled And stood up.

He asked the nurse to come in again.

" She is Mrs. Das, she will take care of you 24/7 not hesitate to ask for anything. Literally anything " Shreyas said and Mrs. Das smiled at her.

" I have a round this morning.." Shreyas was cut off by Shristi's question " Morning.. How long was unconscious? " She asked

" Almost a day dear. " Mrs. Das smiled sadly. Shristi gasped lightly.

" It's okay it happened because of sedatives. Now once you feel a little good  eat some fruits and stew Mrs. Das will take of all this " Shreyas said and left for hospital

Mrs. Das was a woman in her mid forties with tanned skin and cubby cheeks, she was a woman of short height with motherly smile.

" Try to sit up.. " She said while supporting her neck with upper body. With her help Shristi got up and sat up resting body on the headboard.

" I need to go to bathroom " She mumbled

" Of course. I will help you to get down " Mrs. Das helped her stand on her feet. Even though Shristi's legs wobbled sometimes, with her help she reached to bathroom.

After 30 minutes or so Shristi was back on the bed with fresh clothes and neatly tied braid made my Mrs. Das herself.

" You look fresh now.. " She said while wiping her face with a wet cloth.

" Thanks taking care of me like that " Shristi said as her eyes filled with fresh tears.

" What happened?? " Mrs. Das asked being confused at her behaviour

" Nothing just.. Nobody took care of me like this " She said while wiping her tears.

Mrs. Das smiled and patted her head.
" You are still young.. You still have a lot live.. I am sure you will be happy from now on.. " Mrs. Das smiled at her.

It was 3:30 PM when Shreyas came back home . He quietly went to Shristi's room and caught her sleeping

" How is she? " He asked Mrs. Das

" She ate some stew about 5 hours ago.. Since then she is sleeping " She said

" Okay.. " He mumbled and was about to leave the room when Mrs. Das said

" You like her, don't you? " She said with glint in her eyes

" Why do you think that? " Shreyas chuckled lightly

" I have seen a lot dear.. " She smiled

" Yeah I do like her.. A lot " Shreyas smiled shyly and made his way out of the room.

______________

Kind of a filler chapter.

Do comment if you like it or not!

That means a lot.