Ayanokoji x Nanase

Soon after leaving the dorm, I take a look around me and notice that there are no adults nor children present in the area. Just another reminder of how special this school environment is. 

I wanted to enjoy this special environment, but I guess I wouldn't be able to do that right now.

That's because I spotted a familiar brown-haired boy not far in the distance. He's paying attention to the two first-years in class A ahead of him. Perhaps wanting to ask them for help? I couldn't take the chance of Ayanokoji or his class getting comfortable with first-year class A, so it was better to talk to him and get his attention instead.

I start running up to him to close the distance.

"Good morning Ayanokoji-Senpai!" I called out to him with a smile.

"Good morning Nanase," he responds.

Trying to see through his intentions with the two first-years ahead of us, I ask,

"Do you have any business with the two in front?" Knowing he would deny this, I quickly add-

"I can call them out for you if needed."

"No, it's alright, thank you."

"Alrighty then, if you say so!"

I guess he wouldn't foolishly give away his thoughts like that. This guy, his existence is weird. It's like an absent-minded blade, if you touch it, even a light touch, the wound it would give you would be massive. That kind of existence.  It shows how special he is. If I hadn't been told of him or if I met him out of pure coincidence knowing nothing of him, then just like everyone else, I'd assume that he's a normal person existing in this world. However, to me, he's much more than that.

I'm gonna need him to cooperate with me and my class so It's best to try and get him to become my partner. No nevermind. The possibility of that happening right now is close to 0 at the moment.  Currently, we're just familiar with each other. It's best just to try and get on his good side.

"I apologize for how Hosen acted the other day. I really didn't want him to act out like that, I should have tried to stop him earlier."

"No need to apologize. I wasn't directly affected. Besides, from what I've seen, there's no chance Hosen would have listened to reason. I think you did your best. I admire your bravery. Hopefully, I'd be able to develop and have as much courage as you.  I admire what you did yesterday Nanase, knowing how Hosen is, you still stood up to him."

Th- the nerve of this guy! How dare he act all nice and kind! This has to be an act, just like how he's been acting throughout his whole school life. If he knew that I was friends with the boy he killed then he wouldn't be treating me this nicely. I'm willing to bet that he'd try his best to get rid of me and expel me. I won't let his words affect me.

"Thanks, Senpai, but it's no lie to say that he's troubled you and your class. I'm trying to keep him under control but that's proven to be difficult for me. It kind of hurts knowing that I have no control over him, and he continues to terrorize our class and students in this school."

This was no lie. I didn't like seeing my class and others being tormented by Hosen. I'd rather him use methods that don't involve violence. I'd like to get him to stop but there's no chance of that happening so it's best to watch and let him continue.

"You don't have to add any honorifics to my name. Just call me Ayanokoji."

"Sure Senp- Ayanokoji. Although, I am more comfortable calling you Senpai, so I guess we'll see what I find more comfortable. I may even use both at different times.