Hangout

Ayanokoji POV

Nanase. She's beautiful, kind, brave, helpful, smart, and more. However, one thing she lacks is honesty. Not to others, but she's not being honest to me. Those tears she shed earlier in the day. Those weren't due to physical pain, no. They were caused by mental pain. The feeling of betraying someone or something she cares deeply for. The feeling that you're doing something wrong but can't help it. I guess you can say it's my intuition. 

We're heading out together. She gave me the offer out of nowhere. I can use this chance to get to know her better and find what's troubling her. There's no risk in going along with her. There really is nothing to know about me. I'm just a blank slate. 

So far, there haven't been many signs of her being the white room student. The only signs I see are those of hatred. Nanase has shown that she's capable of showing human emotions, meaning the chances of her being the white room student have decreased. I can't let that be the deciding factor. That's why... I will find out today.

Nanase POV

Today is Wednesday. I'm getting Hosen to 'participate' in the discussion with class 2-D, in order for us to cooperate. Well actually, we're not too interested in participating with class 2-D. We're more interested in getting Ayanokoji expelled and earning those 20 million points. Well, Hosen's interested in the points, but me... I'm interested in seeing if Ayanokoji is really the person I believe him to be, or if he's someone I've mistaken him to be.

My opinion of him hasn't changed much. Of course, I say it hasn't changed much because it has changed. Yesterday, the look he had in his eye, the look of darkness and emptiness. Emotionless, and lonely. It was the same look Matsuo had in his eyes on that day. It made me feel bad for him. Of course, those tears were because I was giving in to something I shouldn't have, but... They were also because I could feel his pain.  He may not be able to feel it, but for some reason, I can resonate with those eyes.

RING

That's the bell indicating that class is now over. I'll head over to his class after speaking with Hosen. 

Ayanokoji POV

I've spoken to Horikita about cooperating with Nanase. We'll see how it goes depending on what happens today.

Ring

Looks like it's the end of class. Nanase should be here sooner or later.  I'll just stay in the classroom and wait for her arrival. 

"Ayanokoji-Senpai! Are you ready to go?" There she is. The elegant blonde-haired princess.

"Yo," I respond.

I'm feeling intense glares right now. Why is that?

"Ayanokoji, who is this? Are you perhaps in a relationship with your Kouhai?" 

"No, Ayanokoji and I are merely friends. That is all." Nanase countered Ike's question. I don't know why but that hurt my soul a little.

"Yeah, sure like I'd believe that! Why would a cute girl like you want to hang out with someone as gloomy as him?! No offense Ayanokoji." None taken...

Other students still in the class are looking at both me and Nanase. I was gonna answer Ike until-

"Hey sorry for barging in! I forgot my notebooks in the class- Oh hey, Nanase what are you doing here? Are you perhaps looking for Ayanokoji? Geez, I knew you two were dating each other. I didn't believe you yesterday, I mean, it was pretty easy to tell that you had a connection when I was the look you both had in your eyes. Oh yeah! Now that you both revealed your relationship I wanted to apologize for interrupting your hug earlier today!" Really Kushida? This must be one of her ways of retaliating against me.