Glimpse Of The Future

Pov ???

"Wow, looking at these photos really brings back memories doesn't it?"

I get shown a bunch of photos taken out of a packing box, of our years back at high school. Looking at these photos reminds me of everyone I've met and how we each grew alongside each other. All the problems we've faced were all worth it in the end... Well, for the most part, they were.

"Yeah, it's surprising how far we've come together. I still remember the first day we met."

"... Yeah, let's not talk about that." I guess she's still not over that.

"Wanna talk about our first time?" Hearing my words, her face immediately turns into the color of lava as it reaches the earth's surface levels.

"Don't talk about that! We just got into the heat of the moment Y'know!"

"Hmm? What are you talking about? I was talking about our first time holding hands. What were you on about?"

Ahh, the art of holding hands. 

"That part of you never changes eh?" She says with a giggle.

"Nope. However, I don't regret what we did that night. It brought us a whole lot closer."

"It sure did!.. One of the most amazing days of my life." As she says this, she turns away not allowing me to take a look at her face.

"Mine as well."

"..."

"..."

DING DONG!

"Are those our guests?" She asks.

"Yeah, I believe so."

"I'll welcome them in, you stay here and continue to unpack!" Her voice echoes as she runs to the front door.

Hmm, what's this.

A small golden trophy catches my eye.

#1 Winner

Oh yeah, funny. I earned this on the same day she and I became one. 

That day really was troublesome, sigh.

"Good afternoon Kiyotaka"

"Oh, hey, nice to see you. It's been a while, how have you been?"

"I've been well, nothing too meddlesome going on. Work does get a bit stressful though."

"I see, you still have that serious look on your face Suzune. You're a hard worker, I admire that."

"I'll take that as a compliment, although, I still don't believe that I'll ever be able to fully surpass you."

"You've surpassed your brother already, isn't that enough?" I say with a smirk on my face.

"Ha, I remember when seeing you with another facial expression was rare, now it's just uncommon. Thanks again... For helping us. If it weren't for you-"

"Don't get all sentimental on me. All I did was give you the head start you needed, you all helped out with the rest later."

"You really are modest." She says with a smile.

"If you say so," I reply.

While we're catching up, she returns.

"You guys catching up?"

"Yes, we are. But now it's time to help you guys unpack." I say.

"We're still expecting another guest, he's probably running late." She says.

"Where's my brother? He arrived with me." Suzune asks.

"Oh, that reminds me. He wanted to have a private conversation with you." She says pointing at me.

"After all this time, he's still fond of you," Suzune says with a laugh.

"Alright, it shouldn't take us long. I'll be back soon. Your brother is someone who I look up to so keeping him waiting wouldn't be right of me." What I said was the truth. I left a legacy in that school. The words he left me that day really did affect me.

I walk into the halls, following the path to the main doorway.

I exit our new house and run into the elder Horikita.

 "You called me out here Manabu?"

"Ha, calling me by my given name. I'm kind of upset that I didn't get to see you at your full potential during my time as president. From what I've heard, you've got quite the skillsets in academics, athletics, and more, almost like you're the perfect human being. Suzune told me you looked up to me Y'know."

"Well, what she said is true. Those words you left me with when you were preparing to leave resonated within me. I left a legacy that I'm confident no one will be able to surpass. Unless, of course, there's someone who's experienced what I have. Hope there isn't though. For the sake of them."

I stop for a few seconds before continuing to speak.

"If it wasn't for her, I would have still considered myself as a horrible human being, but now it feels like I can get a fresh restart of life without having to worry about anything."

"Yeah, I remember what you told me a while ago. The things you did, especially to that one girl.... Karuizawa if I remember correctly? Oh and don't worry, I'm still keeping that to myself; haven't told anybody."

"Yeah, I made it up to her in the end. I'm just glad that I'm not being held back by my past."

"Nanase's a lucky girl to have you. I'm sure that she forgives you for your past. I don't believe she'll hold it against you."

Our conversation could have continued for a little while longer but our third guest has arrived.

"Hey what's up guys! SuDog here! Are Ya ready to get unpackin'?! Oh, hey Mr. President." Sudo says after noticing Manabu.

"No need to be so formal Sudo. My sister and Nanase are inside, go help them unpack, please. We'll be right behind you."

"Alrighty then!  Let's do this! Suzune! Where are you?!" Sudo yells entering the house.

"Over here, blockhead!" Suzune responds.

Both Manabu and I smile at this occurrence.

"You still have that superior aura around you... President."

"Ha, and you think you don't?"

"Not unless I want that superiority around me, then no."

"Alrighty then let's go inside."

We both walk inside, following Sudo into Tsubasa and I's brand new home.

"Got your brother here Suzune."

"There you are. Why are you still speaking to Kiyotaka in private, even after we're out of high school, you still have the same habits."

"Yeah yeah, come on, let's just start unpacking. We don't want them to sleep on the floor."

Ending our conversations, we all start unpacking different boxes and move the items in them to their respective spots.

(1020 Words)

Greetings everybody! In celebration of 10k views, I will give you a glimpse of the future chapter! Currently, we're at 998 stars, so once we reach 1k stars, I'll give you another glimpse of the future, unless you want something else???

Lemons coming in the future as a bonus for both!!!

Kiyotaka x Nino Nakano fanfic also coming out soon :D

(From Quintessential Quintuplets ^)