A New Start

OC is reborn in Young Justice as the Gwen Stacy from Spiderman Into the Spider-verse, in other words, the coolest one;) She can do everything that version of Spider Woman can do, and she looks exactly the same as the one from the Spider Verse movie.

Also, for this chapters purposes, Gotham City is going to be located very close to Washington DC. It's mostly for OC's convenience.

 Hope you all enjoy this fanfic!

Gwen's POV (OC)

In my old life, I loved anything related to superheroes, but most of all, I loved Spider Woman. She was strong, she was witty, and she was a female. She was something of a role model for me growing up; I did everything I could to be strong like her, even though I knew I could never be half as amazing as her. I mean, she was spectacular, and I was just ordinary. But I still continued to dream that one day I would wake up as Gwen Stacy, the amazing Spider Woman. 

I never expected that dream to come true. 

After I died in an accident at age sixteen, I was reborn in the infant body of Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy. I actually figured out what happened fairly quickly, seeing my reflection in a mirror, and then seeing my new dad wearing the uniform for the Chief of police. From there, the beginning of my life played out just like it did in the comics of my old world. I grew older, made friends, joined a band, life was good. Then I got bit by the infamous spider, got superpowers, and saved my dad. But...

...but I couldn't save Peter. 

When I met him in this world, I was determined to save him from his fate in the comics. Everything was a game to me, and I was the number one player; I thought I could do it. I was foolish; we became best friends, he began to look up to Spider Woman, and everything played out exactly like it did in Spider Woman's, MY, origin story. He created the lizard serum, injected it into himself, and began to run rampant in our city of New York. Like every other villain I had taken down up to that point, I fought him, but only once I defeated him did I realize it was my best friend, Peter Parker, who I was fighting all along. I had forgotten what Peter would turn into when he took the serum, so I didn't know until it was too late. The serum was killing Peter, and I couldn't do anything to help him. The last thing he said to me was, "I just wanted to be like you." 

I broke down. 

For a while after that, I took a break from being Spider Woman. I hardly talked to anyone, and I couldn't bring myself to visit Peter's grave. This continued for some time, until I finally worked up the courage to visit my best friend. That was the first time I had cried since his death, and that was also when I made my resolve. 

I would become Spider Woman, and since I couldn't save my best friend, I will save everyone else. 

That was when I stopped thinking of my life as a game, and when I stopped doing friends. It would just serve to distract and hurt me more in the future. 

It's been a few months since the incident, and I guess my dad thought I needed a change of pace. He had been thinking about moving for a while, and this incident and my self imposed isolation from my peers was the final push.

 Because of the crime rates in Gotham City, they have been looking for another Chief of police to work with the well known Commissioner Gordon. My dad got the job, and now we are living in Gotham City, right in the fray. I'm not worried about that though, I never had a mentor to train me in heroism, but I can handle myself just as well as any of the other heroes in this universe. This isn't actually the original Spider Woman universe, it's actually Young Justice, the show with the Justice League and their sidekicks. This is the reason I am nervous about living in Gotham City. It's where Batman is, the worlds greatest detective. 

I do very well saving people and defeating villains on my own. I don't need the Justice League getting in my business, but I know that is exactly what Batman will do. I have been extremely careful with my secret identity, but Batman is a great detective, I know he will figure out who I am, if he hasn't already.

 My dad and I have been in Gotham for a week now, and Spider Woman has been active for exactly that long here in Gotham, where everyone knows she started out in NYC. Not to mention, Bruce Wayne, Batman's secret identity, already knows about me and my dad since he works closely with Gordon, and so was bound to meet the new co Chief of police sooner or later. At this point, it is just a matter of time before he approaches me. 

I have become quite popular as Spider Woman in many states. I am one of the few female front line fighter heroes, and the media is speculating that I am quite young as well. Though, they believe me to be eighteen to twenty, when in reality, I am only fourteen. There are obviously people who dislike me, and blame my hero identity for certain disasters, but I have many supporters, and young girls everywhere look up to me, so I keep face. This information, along with the videos of some of the things I've done, is very likely to get the Justice League's attention, especially if they find out how old I am. They would probably try to convince me to join their team of young heroes, but honestly, from what I remember of the Young Justice show, joining them would probably be more trouble than it's worth. 

I do better solo, it's harder to get hurt this way. 

I am currently perched on a tall building in Gotham City overlooking the people below, and idly listening to the large TV across the street broadcasting the news, when I hear an announcement that catches my attention. 

"The fire at Cadmus Labs is being taken care of by the Justice League's sidekicks, Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad. They've managed to save all of the scientists trapped in the building, and the fire department is finishing off the last of the fire with the help of Aqualad..."

I stare at the live broadcast. This is the fire at Cadmus Labs that marks the beginning of the first episode of Young Justice, the episode Independence Day! The sidekicks are about to go in and find Superboy; this is the day the team forms. Now I have to make a decision: do I go in with them? I do better solo, and I know I'm strong enough without help, but I'm worried what will happen if I'm not there. In the original episode, they got captured briefly before convincing Superboy to join them, and now that I am in this universe, I'm not sure if everything will play out like it did in canon. 

I narrow my eyes behind my mask and flick my wrist, shooting a web out to the building across the street and slinging off. I've decided. 

I'd better go save the boys before they hurt themselves. 

Hey! How'd everyone like the chapter? This one was a little short, but they will be longer in the future.

So, this fanfic will MOSTLY stick to canon, and although there will be some changes, it won't be anything too major. Please keep reading and take a look at my other stories if you like. See ya!