Along Came a Spider

Hey guys! So, I haven't really decided what ships I'm going to have in this fanfic. I was thinking SuperboyxOC or AqualadxOC. Please let me know what you all think, and enjoy the chapter!

P.S. If you haven't watched Young Justice before, you probably should before reading this chapter. Or at the very least season 1 episode 1. 

(Make sure to play the song below when you read this chapter.)

Robin's POV

"Ugh..," I groan as I open my eyes. I begin to take stock of my situation, and realize that I'm strapped into a pod by metal cuffs restraining my limbs. Similarly, Aqualad and Kid Flash are in the same position as me. 

I then remember everything that happened before I woke up here. Investigating CADMUS labs, owned by Lex Luthor, putting out the fire at CADMUS, finding the secret elevator, sneaking into the underground labs, finding Project Kr, fighting the clone, losing consciousness...aww man.

Not whelmed. Not whelmed at all. 

I see Kid Flash and Aqualad are already awake, Kid struggling in the restraints, while Aqualad looks around the room with narrowed eyes. I slip a lockpick out of my glove and begin fiddling with my cuffs, but abruptly see a flash of color before a figure is standing in front of our pods. 

The figure appears to be female from her physique, and from her height, she's probably around the same age as us. She's dressed in a skin tight suit, black and white with teal ballet slippers on her feet. Covering her face is a hood, and a full face mask with pink highlights around the eyes. In the inside of the hood and the crook of her elbows is a pink and teal webbing pattern. Just from her appearance I know who she is. 

Spider-Woman. A female vigilante originally from New York City, started crime fighting in Gotham exactly a week ago. Been a vigilante for one year, and works alone with no known mentor. Has defeated a multitude of villains singlehandedly, and shows impressive skill and strength. A subject of Batman's, and the League's, interest for a while now, leaving few traces of her origins and identity. Since she's moved to Gotham though, Batman's been getting closer to discovering who she is, and he might have already figured it out. 

So the question is, what is she doing here?

I guess the others were thinking the same thing, because Aqualad speaks up. "Spider-Woman?" He says quietly with surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Kid Doofus takes that minute to intervene. "Not that we're complaining," he says flirtatiously. 

The eyes of her mask adjust to where it looks like she's raising her eyebrow, unimpressed. She cocks her hip and places her had on her side. 

"Saw the news, when you three didn't immediately come out of CADMUS after saving the scientists, I figured there was something wrong. Thought you might need some help." She gets straight to the point, and deliberately makes a show of looking us over. "Obviously, I was right." She says with slight amusement. 

Kid and I blush in embarrassment, and Aqualad simply nods in acceptance. She turns serious again, "alright, enough fooling around. Let's get you guys out of here." She goes to the control console, but suddenly stiffens and bounds up the wall, sticking herself on the ceiling! For a moment, we all look on in confusion, but quickly understand the vigilante's actions when the door to the room opens up, and Project Kr walks in. 

He strides forward and stops right in front of our pods, where Spider-Woman was previously standing. He stands there and stares, making us all wary while trying not to give away Spider-Woman's location, and Kid finally breaks the tension.