Pursuit, Part 1

Hey y'all! How is everybody doing? I hope everyone had a great holiday. I recently received a few great ideas from one of my readers, @nicole_gray42, and I plan to integrate them into this fanfic soon. Thank you @nicole_gray42 for your amazing ideas! Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy the chapter!

Warning: Mentions of violence and use of foul language not meant for small children. Would recommend this chapter for ages 12 and above. I can't tell you what to do though.

I do not own Young Justice, nor do I own any of the pictures in this chapter.

Roy's POV (speedy/red arrow)

Star City

July 17th, 23:16PDT

In the construction district by the port in Star City, Daniel Brickwell, otherwise known as The Brick, is in the middle of one of his smuggling deals. Hiding behind a metal beam with a vantage point overlooking the truck, I knock an arrow as two of Brick's lackies unload the cargo. 

As the henchmen start to unload one of the cases, I let my arrow fly in between the two men, the arrow releasing a knockout gas. The two men drop to the ground, unconscious, while the brief case drops to the ground, allowing the weapon inside to slide out and into the waiting hands of The Brick. 

Standing up, the dapper looking villain turns, pointing the gun where I am standing on top of one of the beams. 

Once the man sees me, he sneers

Once the man sees me, he sneers. "You again! I'm starting to get insulted Green Arrow's not messing up my operations personally."

Brick punctuates his statement by shooting at me immediately after, and I'm forced to quickly dodge and run under his continuous assault. I jump and flip over a few of the blasts from the advanced weapon, landing on one of the platforms and prepping an arrow as I run. 

However, to both my and Brick's surprise, a web suddenly shoots out from off to the side, attaching itself to Brick's eyes and temporarily blinding him. 

Already knowing where the web came from, I take the opportunity given to me and release the arrow. Hitting Brick's chest, the arrow gives a small explosion, effectively ruining the villains suit jacket and dress shirt. 

I turn to my left, glancing at the familiar figure in front of me. There's only one person who uses webs as their weapon of choice, and that person is one of the only vigilantes I respect.

Spider Woman is standing confidently next to me, one hand cocked on her hip and a surprisingly smug look on her face for someone wearing a full-face mask.  

There is a furious growl from below us. It seems Brick was able to get the web off his face and is now staring down at his ruined suit. 

"Do you know what I pay for in a suit my size?!" He yells angrily.