The Team

Hey! Sorry its taken me so long to update, but I hope you all enjoy this chapter! If anyone has any opinions on love interests for Gwen, please comment below. Thank you for reading!

3rd POV

Once the young heroes finish explaining everything about CADMUS, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, and Superman stay while the other heroes begin to go about cleaning up the area, and transporting the mutated Doctor Desmond to a suitable cell. Batman, as well as Flash step forward. 

"Let's make one thing clear-," before Batman can finish, Flash interrupts him impatiently. "You should have called!" Sending a quick reprimanding look at the speedster, Batman continues. "End results aside, we are not happy. You were ordered to stay put; you will not be doing this again."

At this, Aqualad takes a step forward. "Yes, we will," he says sternly. Aquaman warningly speaks his protégé's name, and the teen sends his mentor a respectful look. "Apologies, my king, but I must speak. You brought us together and trained us to do good work. This work. So, we will be doing this again."

Kid Flash pipes up defensively, "yeah! Or else why bring us together at all."

Flash turns to his nephew, "look, if this is about earlier, the three of you-"

"The five of us," Kid corrects, "and it's not."

Robin looks to his mentor. "You trained me to do this work, and you brought us together. You would really tell us to stop now?"

Superboy finally interjects, "why let them tell us what to do? It's simple, get on board, or get out of the way."

The protégés simultaneously look towards their only female member, and after a moment of silent contemplation, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, and Superman look towards her as well. Noticing that she became the center of attention, she looks up at her fellow teenagers, all looking at her with hopeful expressions, and sighs, turning towards the adults. 

"Aside from fish boy, traffic lights, and mustard getting themselves caught, they did pretty well. Fought off the baddies, took down the crazy scientist mutant, and freed the mini boy scout over here. All in all, not bad for a days work." Flash and Aquaman snickered and tried to stifle their smiles at the girl's nicknames for the boys, while the boys sent imploring but slightly amused looks at the female vigilante. Seeing their looks, she exhales. "Alright, alright. We did a good job." The boys send her smiles or smirks. 

Sharing a look with the other mentors, Batman returns his attention to the protégés. "We'll consider it. Head back, we need to speak with Spider-Woman."

The protégés looked ready to protest, but the girl simply shakes her head. Sending back cursory glances, the protégés reluctantly leave. Once the boys are out of hearing distance, the adults turn their attention back towards Spider-Woman. 

Gwen's POV

"We'll consider it. Head back, we need to speak with Spider-Woman."

'Oh, crap.' Despite my despondent thoughts, I give the boys a nod to tell them I'm ok. Once they are out of ear shot, I look back to the adults, only to see them staring at me. Putting up my confident front, I dip my head to the heroes in greeting. 

"Spider-Woman," I say simply, extending my hand towards Batman. If I were anything like who I was in my past life, there is no way I would be able to keep my calm in front of someone like the Dark Knight, but after everything I've experienced in this life, meeting one billionaire is nothing. 

Without blinking, Batman shakes my hand firmly, but surprisingly, not tightly. "Batman," he says gruffly, returning my nod. 

Aquaman then speaks, surprising me. "So you're the famous Spider-Woman. You do good work."