Pursuit, Part 2

Hey! The wait is over, enjoy the chapter!

Gwen's POV

After the Mr. Twister fiasco, I hightailed it away to try and avoid having to deal with the protégés. 

Obviously, that didn't work, judging by the scrambling and shouts of my name as I shoot another web and swing higher between buildings. 

I recognize the voices of Kid Flash, Robin, Superboy, and Aqualad, but a female voice reminds me of the presence of Ms. Martian. This was the episode she proved herself to the team. Good for her. 

Doesn't mean I want them following me. 

Why can't anything go smoothly in this damn universe. Like, just once? Please??

Of course, I had to go and jinx myself. 

My spidey sense goes off just as I hear the loud screeching of metal. Looking up, I see a crane falling over the side of a tall building up ahead, while a helicopter with a large dent and smoke coming off it spins out of control, trying to stay airborne. 

Reacting quickly, I swing towards what's falling faster: the crane. 

Landing along the length of the falling machine, I run up the metal, attaching my webs to the rods and swinging around the length of it, attaching the other end to the closest building. I repeat this process several times, securing the length of the machine to the nearby building so it doesn't crush anyone below. 

However, before I can go to pursue the falling helicopter, my spidey sense goes off again. Distantly, I hear the protégés screaming at me to move, and I turn my head just in time to see the hook of the crane coming right at me.

 Distantly, I hear the protégés screaming at me to move, and I turn my head just in time to see the hook of the crane coming right at me

For a moment, all I can feel is pain. 

Then everything turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortly before...

Protégés POV

After beating Mr. Twister, we end up chasing after Spider Woman. 

We didn't really plan it, but Kid Flash, being Kid Flash, didn't hesitate in using his speed to follow her, causing the rest of us to chase after him. 

Not that we didn't want to; we all want Spider Woman on the team. Even Ms. Martian, who is new to Earth, admires the vigilante, but following her proved harder than we originally thought. 

Kid Flash is fast, and the rest of us can handle a chase, but following someone swinging high in the sky, around buildings and over obstacles, is a lot harder than you'd think. We almost lost her several times when she cut corners quickly or flipped and parkoured over buildings. 

Luckily, we were able to keep track of her for the most part. Once she stopped cutting corners, we call out to her, trying to get her attention. 

That is, until something more pressing causes us to stop.