Twenty-One

Tahny

And fun is exactly what we are having! Yasmine is drunk off her ass, Macy had literally fell on her ass and Olivia left with what looks like Jay little brother but I'm so crossfaded I forgot his face. "Broooooo I have to tell yo sum!" Yaz yells over the music, pulling me closer by my elbow. "What- get the fuck off me nasty!" I say while pushing some dude from behind me, stepping closer to Yaz but nearly falling over. Yaz laughs and tries to hold me, only to almost fall over too. We stand laughing in the crowd of dancing people. Soon we forget what we were actually talking about and start dancing when we hear "Body" by Megan Thee Stallion start to blast over the speakers in the nightclub.

At some point Macy comes back from the bathroom, I think that's where she was, and we all stumble out the club, gripping onto each other and twisting our ankles due to trying to walk in heels. We walk while laughing and stumbling, dropping our purses and phones and trying to get them without passing out on the floor. My eyes are so low from the weed being passed around a few minutes ago and my mind is hazy from everything else. "Whaaatt is yo bitch AsSSss doin here?!" I hear myself yell while stumbling toward who I believe is Jalen and by the way he groans proves it's him.

"Tahny what the hell? Why did you let yo self get this fucked up?" Jay places his hands on my arms and tries to hold me steady which completely fails because next thing I know I'm on my knees and everything from my purse is scattered on the ground. "Pervvv! Get aWway from her!" Macy yells before limply pushing Jay away from me and helping me up. I hear Jalen sigh before we all go in someone's car and end up home. Yasmine and Macy stumble into the house but I sit there in the front. "Need help?" Jay ask while starting to get out. I grab his arm and shake my head, causing a headache to instantly form and make me groan. "No! I wanna ow.. wanna talk." I hold my head after hitting it on the window, causing Jalen to laugh.

"I've never seen you like this, it's funny as hell." I flip him off with my ring finger and he laughs even more. I lean and my head goes to his shoulder. "I miss you JayJay.." His laugh calms down and he places his hand back on the wheel. He doesn't respond and just starts to drive, pulling into a convenient store and coming back with some type of pills and about four bottles of water. We drive for a while, during which I sober up and change into some of his clothes that he had in the car, showing up to a empty road. About time he parks the car, the sun is already peeking over the houses far away.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I ask while putting my knees against my chest in the passenger seat. We pass a big bag of hot fries back and forth between us, watching the sun fully rise before us. "You like the sunrise so I brought you here so you'll feel more comfortable talking to me." I snicker softly and run my fingers through my braids. It's quiet for a few moments before he looks over at me, just starring for a while before starting to talk. "They said you tried to commit suicide, that true?" I bit my lip and stay focus on the nearly empty hot fries in my hand. "You got some weed or sum?"

"You avoiding the question."

"Well what the fuck do you want me to tell you Jalen?! How I couldn't get over you? I'm good. I don't wanna talk about this." It's quiet again , maybe for almost an hour. I lean back further into the seat and look over at Jay, who is already looking at me. "I'm sorry.. I aint mean to yell like that." He cracks a smile and shakes his head, turning back to look at the front. "Nah you good." I sigh softly and place the now empty chip bag down between us, taking my water bottle and having a few gulps of the cold liquid. "How long you staying out here wit them?" I grab my phone and look at the date.

June 3rd. We still have a month left here.

"We leave July 5th, we've only been here for the first month of vacation." Jay nods along to my words and leans back against his seat. "Me and my brothers leave July 1st." The mention of his brothers reminds me of the incident from earlier. "Why were you yelling at that little boy like that earlier, he looked.. hurt." Jalen lets out a soft chuckle, starting the car again and hooking up his phone to the Bluetooth while talking. "I was pissed and scared and just.. I don't know. I thought I lost him and I can't afford to lose my youngest brother like that. Snapping at you was wrong and I know that but I'm not apologizing for it." I scoff and roll my eyes, pulling out my phone and looking at my text messages while he played "Like I Want You" by Giveon. "Of course you won't, you're Jalen after all."