Twenty-Nine

Tahny

"Are yall awake yet? The point of yall staying the night was to get to the interview before the actual time we were supposed to be there!" I say while putting the final waffle in a stack and topping it with butter. I spread it as it melts, "oh look who's finally out her slumber". Olivia only groaned in response before going to the fridge and pulling out my cartoon of juice. Not long, Yasmine and Macy followed behind her and their faces showing they just woke up as well. "What time is it?" I lift my arm to look at my Apple Watch, "It's 9:03, yall were supposed to wake up at 8:45 remember?" I said and they all just looked away from me as I separated the waffles on plates. The sausage and eggs went after that before I gave them all forks and slid syrup and hot sauce to the middle of the table. "Who's drinking coffee and who's drinking juice?"

"Coffee", Macy says before Yasmine and Olivia follow with juice. I hand cups over to the two of them before putting a mug under the coffee maker. "What kind you want Macy?" She hums as she looks over the small Starbucks coffee brews that I have. "Let's just do vanilla today." I nod in agreement before plopping it in and starting the pour of the hot liquid. While that made itself, I started making myself a cold brew coffee and the other girls dug into their food. I sat down with my food and coffee and finally relaxed for the morning. Macy got up when her coffee finished and fixed it as she wanted before plopping back down into her seat. "When are we gonna leave? Isn't it about a 20 minute drive or something?" Yasmine asked as she shoved another piece of waffle into her mouth. I nodded to her, cutting off my own piece of food before eating it. "That gives us two hours to be ready and out the house. That means that I don't need to be blowing for you to get out the door Olivia." She only rolls her eyes in answer and the rest of us laugh as she does a poor excuse of a explanation.

As we all finish our food, Macy washes the dishes for us and we break off to go get ready for the interview. Olivia and I go to my room, since she stayed with me, and Macy and Yasmine went to the guest room I let them use. I sigh as I open my closet, scanning over my clothes. "I don't know what I wanna wear. I'm thinking something vibrant but professional since it's a nail shop and not a secretary job." Olivia gave a hum of acknowledgment as she went to my bathroom and prepared to brush her teeth. "What about that yellow pantsuit? That'd be cute." I scrunch up my nose, pulling out the outfit and pressing it to my body in front of the mirror. "Wouldn't this be too hot though? It's about four layers of clothes on this thing." I put it back before sliding hangers back and forth. "Oh what about this? I've only worn this once." I hold up a purple jumpsuit with one of the sleeves that go off the shoulder. Olivia peeks from inside the bathroom, toothpaste foam around her mouth. She nods and holds up a thumbs up before going back to her business. I laid my outfit out on the bed before throwing a set of matching black bra and panties on top. I looked on my stand before picking out a Bath and Body Works perfume and lotion before tossing that with the outfit. About time I finished, Oliva was already out the bathroom so I went ahead and took a quick shower.

Olivia

I sat in front of the vanity in Tahny's room, taking out my makeup bag before laying out everything that I'm gonna need for this natural makeup look I'm going for. I use my rag to scrub at my face, removing the dead skin and giving myself a glow. "Hey Siri, play Conceited." I hum along as the music starts, leaning forward as I dab color corrector under my eyes to hide the bags. I blot that with a sponge before dabbing foundation around my face, now grabbing a brush and working that into my skin. "All my mini-me's, I invented that, long-ass weave flow down my back, I want a pitcher wit a baseball bat, Hoes don't like when I talk like that, please don't bark 'cause Milli bite back, I huff then I puff then I blow shit down, stand-up bitch, ho, go sit down, put your ear on my coochie, hear this ocean sound, Boy, you old dick now, you got money 'cause you on dicks." I wave and point with my finger as I go along with the song. I grab Tahny's hand held mirror as I start doing the eyeliner wings, holding my breathe as I pray I don't mess up on this part. I jump as Macy burst into the room rapping with Flo Mili, my eyeliner going on the side of my face past my eye. "Oh you bitch", I mumble to myself while looking at the smeared black. I turn to Macy as she continues to vibe to the song, my lips pursed as she laughs at my eye. "Damn did I do that? My bad." She says before running out of the room and back to the guest one. I get up and follow her, Macy letting out a scream as I push the door open and she jumps to the other side of the bed. "I'm sorry! It was accident I swear!" We laugh as I continue chasing her out the room and downstairs. "Quit running in my damn house!" Is all I hear from upstairs. Me and Macy bust out laughing, me hitting her arm before we walked back up and into our separate rooms. "Yall get on my nerves", Tahny says while drying off her body, causing me to laugh again. "Shut up you love us." She stays quiet after that and we continue to get ready for our day.

Yasmine

"Think they gonna say something about us? You know some people don't like the gays", Macy said the last part playfully but I knew she meant it. She's always worried what new people will think about our relationship. "I think it'll be okay and if they don't like it they can either fire us or suck it up and get out our business." I respond while tucking my laces in my black and gold Nike GS Youth Air Jordan Retro 12's. I stand up and walk behind Macy, placing my hands on her hips as she leans close to the mirror and fixes her false lashes. I smile softly and kiss the side of her neck, sliding my hand to move her straight her off her shoulder. I kiss that spot too before looking at her through the mirror. "So beautiful", I whisper and she smiles, a bright red covering the tip of her nose like it always does when I say something to make her shy. "Shut up", she says before turning and pulling me into a kiss. I chuckle softly and mumble against her lips, "stop kissing me like this before we end up late for this interview." She only laughs again before pulling away and moving to slide her feet into her own shoes that match mine. "Should I wear a dress too? I feel like I look like I just went out with friends." Macy looked up at me and scanned my simple jeans and golden shirt to match my shoes. "I have a extra dress you can wear that matches our shoes. I think you look great but go ask Olivia and Tahny just in case because you know how they are about the whole fashion thing." I nodded in agreement before leaving the room and going into the one to my right.

"Hey should I change into a dress?" I ask while pushing on the cracked door. Olivia and Tahny turn around to look at me from in front of the vanity. Olivia scrunched her nose and instantly nodded while Tahny took her time analyzing me. Soon though she agreed and I went back to put on the dress that Macy offered.

Olivia

"Alright let's go everybody, we got 45 minutes until our interview and we got a long-ish drive to make." Tahny yelled from downstairs before I heard the front door open and close. I grabbed my red purse that matched my outfit and a folder I put all my needed information in. I double checked the room to make sure I had everything I needed before looking at my makeup one more time, turning off the room light and following the other two girls down the stairs and out the door.

As we all pilled into Tahny's car, I jumped softly as the blaring of my ringtone started. I looked down at my screen to see Mandy's name. "The lawyers calling." I say before answering and putting her on speaker. "Hey Mindy, whats up?" I ask as I buckle up and Tahny drives out of the parking lot. "Hey Olivia, so I just got off the phone with Sarah and she says that the court house in my town is starting out with our case which is the best thing that can happen. It may be illegal but that judge owes me a favor for me getting him out of trouble so I think the jury will be swayed if you get what I mean. Not only that but four women in the jury own their own small business so I think empathy can play a roll in the results we will receive." I listened carefully, a small 'Thank you Jesus' coming from Tahny as she stopped at a red light and looked over at me with a smile. "That's great news, thank you so much for this Mindy." Mindy chuckled gently before she spoke again, "Oh please, this is what I do for a living and I wouldn't want to help anyone else besides you and your girls. Tell them what I said about the case and I said hello. I'll see you all in three weeks okay?"

"I'll tell them, see you in three weeks." I hang up the phone before turning and looking at Yasmine and Macy who were also smiling, "we're winning this case and getting our shop bitches."