A Bet

"HAHA IMAGINE BEING BAD AT SPEED BRIDGING!" Tech shouted as he watched me fall into the void from yet another failed attempt at speed bridging.

"ALRIGHT LISTEN I'M DOING MY VERY BEST!" I shouted back wishing I could respawn faster.

7 hours had passed since Tech and I started playing Bedwars. Neither of us paid attention to the sun that had already set as though we were too focused on beating each other. The current score lies at 27-24 with Tech holding the lead by 3 points.

I respawned and got my items as quickly as I could. I figured I had some time before Tech came back hoping I could mentally prepare myself to try and focus on figuring out a way to beat him.

Just as I was getting the last bit of armor I had previously hid in my ender chest I saw Tech appear out of the corner of my eye. I closed out of the chest and turned my character towards him.

"So we meet again." Tech said as he inched closer to me.

"Sadly." I replied trying to figure out a game plan as fast as I could.

"Are you ready to watch me win first hand?"

"You're pretty cocky for someone who is only 3 points ahead."

"Well we're gonna have to stop at some point, and by the looks of it, I'll stay in the lead."

"You wanna bet on that?"

"Sure, we can even out the score now, the loser of this round has to buy the winners dinner."

"Is this your way of asking me out on a date Mr. Tech?"

"And if it is?"

"You're so on."

I quickly lunged at him hoping to catch him off guard. I got two good hits on him before he refocused. While we were bouncing around trying to kill each other it dawned on me that we both still had our beds. Tech was at my base so if he was able to kill me it wouldn't take long for him to break the bed and win. I had to think quickly so I dodged his hit and started bridging towards his base. I was praying to every supernatural being I knew that Tech wouldn't catch onto my plan and start doing the same. I was also hoping that this wouldn't be yet another failed attempt at speed bridging.

"Do you think running is gonna save you?" Tech said as he watched me from my island.

"It's worth a shot." I replied hoping to keep him distracted for as long as possible.

I finally made it to the other side and beelined straight towards his bed that he left unguarded.

"You little sh-." Tech said his character sprinting towards me.

As he got halfway across the bridge I had made, I managed to break the bed.

"HAHA TAKE THAT!" I shouted in victory.

Tech had stayed suspiciously quiet throughout my little victory. As I turned to him ready to tease him a chat appeared.

"Blue Bed was destroyed by Technoblade!"

"Fuck." I whispered as I turned towards Tech to see where he was.