The Date

I decided on a kidcore inspired look. I threw on a pair of blue denim mom jeans paired with a wide black belt. I tucked in a blue baggy sweater with the right sleeve green, the left sleeve red, and yellow on the cuffs and neckline. I slipped on some white shin length socks and white chunky sneakers. 

I quickly jogged out the door towards the station. It was dark so I was a little nervous but thankfully the station isn't far from my apartment.

I walked down the steps and saw Tech waiting at the base. I realized he  has his back toward me so I quietly snuck up behind him. Once I got close enough I hugged him on his back. He slightly jumped but relaxed when he saw me.

"Hey nerd." Tech said just above a whisper.

"Hey Tech." I replied letting go of him.

He turned and faced me. He held out his arm and I took that as an invitation to wrap my arm around his.

"Right this was malady" Tech said sarcastically

He led me to one of the last trains of the night. He covered my eyes so I couldn't see what train we were getting on nor where it could take us.

"Y'know, I think this is how a lot of true crime stories start out." I said jokingly.

"Mmm well looks like you're just going to have to trust me." He replied.

We eventually arrive at one of the stops and he leads me out of the train.

"Can I please see now." I said not really trusting his ability to keep me from running into anything.

"Be patient, we're almost there."

I sighed and let him lead me the rest of the way there.

After what felt like 3 hours of walking without seeing, which in actuality was about 5 minutes, he started to speak again.

"Alright, are you ready?" He asked, sounding a bit nervous.

"Yes!" I replied excitedly.

"Okay open your eyes in 3, 2, 1."

I opened my eyes and saw a little park covered in flowers and small lanterns hanging from the trees. I stood there in awe at what I was looking at. There were hundreds of Hydrangeas that covered the bushes. I looked ahead to see that there was a short bridge that was covered in vines. The bridge ran over a stream that stretched across the park. There were a few wood picnic tables that were scattered across the park. I was pulled out of my astonishment for the park when Tech softly spoke.

"Wanna see the best part?"

I looked up at him surprised.

"It gets better?"

He chuckles and holds out his hand. I gladly take it and he leads me to a tall tree that has leaves hanging close to the ground. He moves a patch of them out of the way to leave an opening. He then softly drags my hand in front of him and I pass through the small entrance he made.

There's another wood picnic table that has a basket placed. I look up and see multiple lanterns hanging creating a soft yellow glow that illuminates everything it can touch. I turn to see Tech softly staring at me.

"How." I said dumbfounded by the situation.

"How what?" He replied with a soft smile.

"How did you manage to find this place?"

"My mom showed it to me when I was younger."

"Its fucking stunning."

"I know right. It's one of my favorite places to go."