19

Julianna Coley

As we were heading to Russ event, Cynthia and I shared some cocktails in the limousine. "Girl, when did we become this bougie!" She yelled as she continued to spam her Instagram stories.

"Life is crazy...for real..." I said, reflecting back on my life and the journey it was meeting Paul. I genuinely believe, even though we haven't been dating for that long, that he's going to be my husband, and I can't wait for that day.

As I was daydreaming about Paul and me getting married, having kids, going to Paris together, I suddenly got a call from the man himself. We had arrived separately because I was running late because of Cynthia's ass, so we agreed to meet at the event.

"Hey, baby, where ya at?" Paul spoke worriedly.

I sighed, looking at Cynthia, "Cynthia's ass was taking forever to get ready, and we are just heading over there right now, but how's the party so far?" I asked.

He sighed, "well, better hurry your cute self over here. I miss you, and I need my woman."

I blushed, "I'll be there as soon as I can, okay baby," I said back to him.

"Ight baby girl—" Suddenly Paul was cut off by a female voice, a voice that sounded way too familiar.

"Who invited you here Daniela, ima have to call security on your ass. You're not ruining my boy's party" I sighed in frustration. Daniela again? Seriously like doesn't this girl get the memo. Why can't she leave Paul and me alone? Out of respect for being Olivia's mother, I haven't brought out my crazy side but soon enough, if she doesn't stop ima have to take matters into my own hands.

I hung up, not wanting to deal with the situation at the moment. It feels like suddenly when things are looking good again, she shows up and ruins the party.

Cynthia noticed my sudden discomfort and sat down next to me, pulling me into a hug, "Bitch, what's wrong? You okay?"

I shook my head, "it's Paul's baby mama again. She won't leave us alone."

She suddenly got up and started sipping on another cocktail, "I don't know what to say because I've never dealt with baby mama drama. Except with Melo, but that was a whole different situation. I worry that this all too much for you, and Paul hasn't been doing the best job in terms of controlling her. You're too young, too beautiful, and too smart to be fighting over a man. You are the prize, not him, remember that. But if you really are in love with that man, you gotta tell me so we can destroy the hoe together."

I smiled at her, almost in tears. This whole situation was taking its toll on me, "I appreciate that more than you know, but how can she ever leave his life if they have a child together. Whether I like it or not, she's always going to stand in my way.."

"I understand where you're coming from, but you can't think like that. We'll find a way. I promise, but for now, let's just enjoy tonight, and I'll text Russ and see if she's still at the party," Cynthia stated.

I nodded and then began downing cocktails left and right while Cynthia blasted sad r&b music on the limousine speakers. My favorite music by far, but I was in my feels. At this point, I didn't even want to see Paul. I just wanted to go home, watch a movie eat a tub of ice cream, and find someone who I could realistically be with. It was sad of me to think that I could ever become the wife of an NBA player, but the crazy thing is that I never see him as an NBA player I just saw him as Paul. The most handsome man, with the biggest heart and the best father to his daughter.

"Finally, we're here!" Cynthia yelled, adjusting her dress.

I nodded as I leaned my head onto the window, not wanting to get out. I just felt so gone. "Whattt," I said back to her, confused.

She ran to my side with heels and all, "You're drunk," She sighed, pulling out her phone from her purse she began scrolling through her phone for I don't know what and then I saw her calling someone, "Paul, come get your girl we're in front of the entrance" Cynthia spoke out.

"Cynthia, no, I don't want to talk to him!" I yelled back.

"On my way," I heard Paul say over the phone.

I groaned, realizing I had no say in what was going on. A few moments later, I heard some loud footsteps, presumably Paul's big ass. I then see him appear at the front door of the limousine with a smile on his face, "Baby, are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

I didn't respond, not wanting to talk to him. Paul noticed I was giving him the silent treatment and looked over to Cynthia "she mad?"

"She's mad because you always let Daniela get in the way of your relationship. She's never going to be happy unless you put your baby mama on a tight leash," Cynthia explained with ease. I agreed with everything she was saying.

Paul looked over at me with a serious look on his face, "Can we talk?"