14

Julianna Coley

"Bitch!" Cynthia tugged onto my hair. I frowned wanting to slap her because it was around 3 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes, as I sat back up on my bed.

"What?" I questioned.

"Someone's been knocking at the door for like 10 minutes. I was hoping for the person to leave, but they still here" And with that we heard another knock on the door. Who the hell does this at this time of the day? I was seriously getting frightened.

I sighed and I glanced over at Cynthia who was shaking, "Can you get it?" She pleaded. I didn't even bother arguing because I knew I was gonna be the one to do it anyways.

I tip tooed downstairs and she followed me. I fixed my hair a little bit before opening the door, "Where is she!" It was Marcus. Cynthia's ex boyfriend. He was a little bit...well not a little bit, just straight up crazy.

"Boy bye!" I closed the door on him. He had abused her before, and I wasn't going to let him put his hands on her ever again. But, once again we heard his loud ass knocks.

"Julianna," Cynthia hid in a corner while crying. "Don't let him in"

I nodded my head, "Ya, he's not gonna touch you okay. I'm here for you girl" I told her while she was hiding her face in her arms.

"Open. The. Door." In case he got aggressive I pulled a table where the door was. I couldn't have his ass busting in like in the movies.

"I just need to talk to her.." He breathed out.

"You can talk to her in your dreams. Now let us sleep so we can gather ourselves for tomorrow. We work, unlike your ass" I said back.

He laughed. "Julianna you always seem to want to get into our business. Why?" Right then and there I wanted to push the table out of the way and give him a piece of me. I worked out once in a while and I could swing.

"Why you even here, Marcus?" Cynthia interjected.

"Cause I seen pictures of you and a tall ass dude. You're mine girl, that's disrespectful as shit." He explained.

"I'm a grown ass woman. I don't owe you shit. You abused me. You used me, so you didn't have to work. I'm actually thankful you laid your hands on me, because then I wouldn't have realized what a monster you are" That's my best friend. Speaking facts.

"Is that right?" He questioned. Soon enough I heard him push through the table I had set in front of the door. And just like in the movies, he had barged in. Not with his bare body. Of course not. He was well out of shape. He had used a sledgehammer.

Tears spilled out of my eyes. I was collected before, but I didn't realize he was actually capable of something like this. "Someone help!" I yelled while he landed on me. He still had the sledgehammer in his hand which scared me lifeless.

He swung his sledgehammer at me but thankfully I was able to dodge him. "Get the fuck out of here Marcus!" Cynthia cried out while jumping on top of him. I was able to slip out of his strong hold, but that meant he now had Cynthia locked in arms.

"What do I do?" I asked myself while tears were spilling.

Without hesitating I pulled out my phone and dialed 911. I didn't want to at first, but he had already barged in and now he had assaulted us. We weren't gonna make it through the night if I hadn't.

They said they would get here in around 6 minutes. I noticed Cynthia was looking pale and then I saw he had pinched her neck. "Thank you for holding up" I told her.

Marcus raised an eyebrow, "Are the cops coming?"

I smiled, "Of course." He stood up now and I couldn't resist the chance to kick him in the balls.

He stayed in a crouched position and then he came lounging on me. We hit the floor, and so damn hard. I was completely dizzy and all of a sudden my eyes closed. I blacked out.

xxx

Paul George

I rested my head on the headrest of the bus. After a good win I just wanted to chill, sleep, and be comfortable as ever. I was ready to fall asleep... but Melo came rushing over to me. "Melo, leave me alone" I groaned grabbing a neck pillow from my bag.

He frowned, "I would but this is serious shit" He said back and his voice seemed shaky. Some shit had gone down and I was worried.

"Is everything good?" I sat back upright. He had scared me. I usually never saw Melo like this.

"No," He shoke his head. "The girls.. well Julianna is in the hospital right now." He finally said.

"What the fuck!" I tried to contain myself, but I was doing a poor job at that. The rest of the team sent stares my way but I didn't care. I just needed to know what happened and if she was okay.

"Paul.." Melo said sternly. "Cynthia told me she's gonna be just fine"

I shook my head. "Ya but what the hell even happened?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I tried asking Cynthia but every time she would try to tell me what happened she would get so emotional, that I couldn't understand anything"

"Fuck. Is it bad I wanna be over there right now?" I asked.

"Nah, she's basically your girl and she's in the hospital. I want to go too, but I don't think coach would let me. She means a lot to you, so just tell coach what's going on and he might just let you go" He said back folding his arms.

"Where is he anyways? I gotta go."

He pointed towards the back of the bus where he was drawing out plays. This was the true definition of ball is life. He looked over at me and smiled. "Hey Paul, is everything okay?"

I shook my head while scratching my head, "No, my girl is in the hospital and I really wanna be there for her. Is there anyway we could make that work?" I forced a smile on my face.

"Wow.. I didn't expect that. I'll talk to the others and I'll see what I can do for you Paul. I hope she gets better" He said back with a smile.

"Thank you coach"

I walked towards my seat and sighed. I wanted to be there. For her. Right now her health and well being was the most important to me.