13

Paul George

Paul George

I heard Daniela's car in the driveway. I didn't want to send Olivia with her, but I had no other choice. We had spent the last hour arguing on the phone. I didn't even want to see her in person at all. I just hoped she handled this like an adult. For Olivia.

"I love you, baby. I'm going to miss you." I kissed Olivia's cheek. I wiped the tears on her face that started to fall. Sometimes I wish the season wasn't so long for the sake of being home with family. That was important.

"I love you daddy." She hugged me while I crouched down to her height.

Daniela opened her car and just like that Olivia ran to her like this never happened. They were closer. They spent more time together. I wish I had that connection with Olivia, but my schedule didn't allow it.

Daniela kissed her cheek and walked over to my side, "Hey" She said grinning. I didn't have the energy to deal with her right now, but because Olivia was here I would have to.

"I just said bye to her. You take good care of my baby and I'll pick her up when I'm back" I ordered.

She reached for my hand but I brushed her off, "Don't do that. We ain't ever gonna happen again" I wish I hadn't even met her. She was so messsy. The only good thing that came out of this situation was Olivia. At first I wasn't fond of the situation. But I was scared, and I didn't want to be tied down. I tried to love Daniela for the sake of becoming a family because that's what I had growing up. Instead, I just found out you can't choose who you love. It just happens.

"I have faith. You loved me once. Remember the good old days?" I did. That was before she had shown her true colors.

I nodded, "Ya. But that's not who you are. Out of respect for yourself. Don't change yourself for me or someone else for that matter"

"But I love you," She was damn near crying. "And now I hear these things about you and some whore. Why Paul?"

"You can leave now" She had pissed me off. She knew nothing about Julianna but yet she called her insulting names. I didn't understand why.

"But.."

"Thank you for coming on a short notice. Tell Olivia I love her, and you can leave now." I was tired of her ass. I was annoyed by her voice, and her complaining. When I know all she truly wants is to lay her ass on my couch so she doesn't have to work. I helped her enough by way of child support. I already bought Olivia what she needed that was just an extra bonus because Daniela just liked to smooch off of me.

"Goodnight, I love ya baby." She blew me a kiss. I groaned.

"Get it through yo damn head that I don't like you. I can handle you, because of that little girl in the car. You're not my lady so stop acting like that whenver you're around me." And with that I headed inside and closed the door on her face. I was so close to filing for sole custody at times, but I knew I would lose every damn time. My schedule was too hectic.

I ran my fingers through my hair and smiled seeing that Julianna had prepared our dinner. "Are ya good?" She frowned seeing how I angry I was.

"I will be." I pulled the chair out for her so she could sit. I wanted to cook for her, but that damn lunatic wouldn't stop blowing up my phone.

"I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I know how it is." Shs said back.

I smiled at her, "And you don't need to" Just her being here with me was enough to make me feel calm and collected. I hated being alone which is why I always threw myself onto women. But Julianna was something different, and I needed that breathe of fresh air.

"When do you guys play here again?"I was glad she moved onto another subject. Daniela had occupied my mind enough.

xxx

"Thank you for dinner," I rubbed my stomach while grabbing the plates. That woman could cook. It almost reminded me of my mama's cooking. It was that good. "You surprised me"

She laughed, "Well ya, I figured it was my time to shine"

I shook my head, "If I had known before.. I wouldn't have been bragging about my steak."

"So I beat you at basketball and cooking? Damnnn" She was playing now.

"You stepped on my foot!" And she did. I had her trapped and she pulled that oh that was your fault on me.

"Boy, your foot was there. Not my fault! Gotta take advantage." She said back while laughing. I looked like creep just staring at her, but she's so beautiful. My eyes couldn't resist.

"When I get back I want a rematch" I mumbled.

"OK, whatever ya want. It wasn't a fluke Paul" She said while turning on the faucet of the sink.

"Aye no" I stopped her. I wasn't going to let her cook and wash the dishes. I knew better than that. "You cooked, now I clean"

She furrowed her eyes in confusion like someone hadn't done this for her before. "Thanks"

I shook my head, "No need. Go relax, I'll join you in a second"

Thankfully she didn't argue with me. I wanted this thing that we had going on to be different. That meant I gotta treat her right. I was serious about her. I wanted her to be my lady already, but I knew it was best if we waited. I just hoped another man wasn't going to beat me to it. It takes time.. but when we get there. I think it could be beautiful.