20

Julianna Coley

I agreed to talk with Paul because through the corner of my eye; I could see Cynthia glaring at me. I sighed, realizing Cynthia was leaving, and that would mean that we would be here alone.

Cynthia closed the limousine door, and Paul's attention was all on me, I couldn't bring myself to look at him, so I just looked at the outside of the party.

"You don't think I do the best that I can to control her?" He spoke out frustratedly, giving me a serious look.

I shook my head, "if you did, she wouldn't constantly be popping up and getting in the way of our relationship," I stated, still not making eye contact with him.

"I tell her every day to leave us alone that I have a girl now and that I'm committed to making this work. Me and her are done, baby, you gotta have patience with me."

"I love you, I think you're the best there is, and when I look at you, I feel so blessed that you're my man and that we're in this thing together," I paused, "But I have a limit too, and a healthy relationship shouldn't involve an ex popping up this much,"

"And every day, I think that I'm so lucky to have a beautiful woman by my side. You rare baby.. and as for Daniela, I will start making more restrictions. I will not let anything ruin what we have." He spoke out with a smile on his face.

God, he is so fine. I couldn't even say anything else because I was just admiring the fine piece of art that God created. I began touching on his beard, causing him to smile and pulling him into a deep passionate kiss. We had a little make-out session going until we felt someone open the limousine doors.

"Ahhh!" Russ yelled, "My eyes are scarred" He yelled, closing the door and running away.

I then turned to Paul, who was already staring at me, "I love you, baby. You're everything to me."

I blushed, "I love you too, my love. Let's not let anything get in the way of what we have."

He nodded his head in agreement, "I agree, baby girl. I can't lose you."

At this point in time, I just wanted to go home and cuddle with my man and enjoy the time that we do have together. He would be leaving for a road trip soon, and I didn't know how I would manage. I just became so attached to him.

The door opened again, but this time it was Cynthia who had another drink in her hand, "Y'all good now," she questioned, looking at Paul and me.

We nodded, both looking at each other, "Ya, we good," I stated, looking at my man.

"Y'all come out, then everyone wants to see y'all two," Cynthia stated.

"We'll be out there in a sec," Paul spoke out, still staring at me.

As Cynthia was leaving, I stopped her, "Aye can you get me a drink? I'll be right out."

Paul glared at me shaking his head. He never was fond of the idea of me drinking.

"Sure," she smiled, "I'll see you guys outside. I'll be with Russ" we both nodded our heads as Cynthia closed the door shut.

"How many drinks have ya had?" Paul asked as we were exiting the limousine. He exited first so he could help me get out with these heels. He closed the door behind me like a gentleman.

"Like two or three," I finally said, admiring the venue, "Sheesh Russ picked out a beautiful place to have this party."

"I'm not telling you to stop drinking, but just be careful. I don't want you to wake up hungover," he explained with his hand on my back, guiding me towards where Russ and Cynthia were.

"I know, baby, I'm careful," I spoke out as Cynthia handed me my drink.

"Y'all some freaks!" Russ yelled in laughter

I almost choked on my drink as Paul and I'd cheeks turned red. "When your woman looks as fine as my girl, it's hard to resist my man."

"I need to get me a man. Y'all too cute," Cynthia sighed, sipping on her drink; at this point, I had no clue how many drinks this girl had. I just knew she wasn't sober.

"I got you, sis" Russ put his hands over her shoulders, "I'll put you on with one of my NBA boys."

Melo then pulled up, "Wassup, y'all am I late?"

"Like always!" Paul stated as we all erupted in laughter. Except for Cynthia, it was an awkward exchange between those two.

"Where Lala at?" Russ questioned him.

Melo sighed, "She went back to New York. I wanted her to stay, but she refused to, and I don't know how we would do long distance. So we broke up. As long as I still get to see Kiyan, I can't complain; I just want to be in my son's life."

"Sorry to hear that bro" the boys both said simultaneously.

I looked over at Cynthia who began chugging drinks left and right, "Girl calm down!" I yelled and the boys attention was all on her.

"She okay?" Melo asked worriedly.

"She just had a lot of drinks she should be fine though," I explained to him.

Melo shook his head, "Nah she's too drunk. Let me take her home"

I shook my head, " I don't think she would like that"

Melo frowned, "I'm just trying to help her so she won't wake up in the morning with a hangover"

I looked over at Cynthia who was straight up gone at this point. She began slurring her words and her balance becoming unsteady as Melo and the boys rushed to give her support. "I wanna go home!" She yelled on the verge of tears.

"Ya, take her home but be careful with her" I said seriously to Melo.

He nodded his head, "Of course," We then helped him bring Cynthia to his car and we watched Melo drive off with my drunk best friend as passenger.

Paul snatched the glass I had in my hand, "Ya you ain't drinking anymore"

I frowned, but in all honesty, I was turned on by this side of him.

"Let's dance, baby girl, " He reached his hang out, "oh, and did I tell you how stunning you look today?"