16

y'all really got me to 10k reads? wow. never thought people would actually enjoy it. 

                      PAUL GEORGE

"Where ya room at?" I asked Julianna as I was currently in the elevator. Thankfully the elevator doors closed before someone could get in.  I loved my supporters, but I just didn't want to get the word out there that I was here cause I was just trying to see Julianna and make sure she's okay.

"On 13A" She said back smacking on her gum.

"You have gum?" I raised an eyebrow as if she could see me.

"Yea. Do you have a problem with that?"

I chuckled, "chill..can I have some?"

"Sorry," she laughed. "These meds got me fucked up"

"Nah, I understand. So about the gum?"

"Yes you can have some" she laughed. "Hurry cause I only got two left and they'll probably be in my mouth before you get here"

"Ight bet" The elevator doors closed and people just stared at me in awe. I brushed it off putting on my hoodie to be less recognizable. People will just assume it's some tall dude not me.

"Tell me when you're outside pauly" Juliana said all of a sudden. I forgot I was on the phone with her.

I laughed. "That's cute, but no"

"Whyyyyyyy? Pauly"

"You wasn't lying about the meds" I mumbled. I finally got to her door and I felt so relieved. This was a huge hospital. There were lots of people. I wasn't trying to walk door to door.

I knocked on her door.

"That you?" She asked.

"Yea, open up the door" I said back. I held the flowers I had gotten for her in front of my chest so it would be the first thing she saw. I also got her a teddy bear.

I heard the door unlocked. And Julianna looked so beautiful. But what worried me were the scratches on her checks. She didn't deserve that. I still can't believe a man did this to her. "Aye, it's good to see you" I said pulling her into a long hug.

"You too," she said pulling out of the hug. "You got me flowers and a teddy bear?" She pouted as she pulled me into another hug. "Ya know you didn't have to?"

I nodded. "I know. It's just something that I wanted to do for you"

She stared up at me in awe. "You're so sweet pauly you know that?" She asked.

"It's the little things that matter. I just want to be something good in your life." I said back as I sat on one of the couches by her bed.

"You are. I'm happy our paths crossed" she said back smiling.

"Nah you just saying that cause of the meds" I teased her as she laughed.

"Stopp... I mean it"

I looked over at the TV and saw that the game was on, but she muted it. "Why did you mute it?"

"I was talking to you. But now that you're here I can watch it" she said grabbing the controller from the table. I nodded my head. I wanted the guys to pull out this win, just because why lose?

It was the fourth quarter. 1 minute left. Tie game. Thunder ball. I got up from where I was sitting cause I was so nervous. "Please someone make it" I mumbled to myself.

"Bab- Paul they're gonna make it" Julianna comforted me rubbing my back. I had faith in my team, but I was always known to be so nervous during times like these.

"Westbrook with the ball. Westbrook with the three!" The commentator yelled as the Bucks called timeout. I jumped up and down hugging Julianna. We were both screaming.

"Cmon" I clapped. "Let's play defense" I shouted at the TV. I couldn't wait for this game to be over so I could just chill with Julianna. The timeout was over and all the players were now back on the court.

"They don't have to go for the three here"

Middleton passed the ball to Giannis as he finished the layup. I was fine with that cause we were still in the lead.

"30 seconds left"

"Westbrook. Russell AGAIN"

"He has ice in his veins" Juliana mumbled jumping up excitedly. I loved seeing her happy, cause if she was good then I was good too. The Bucks were out of timeouts and our defense stepped up and trapped Giannis and Middleton. Bledsoe went for another layup but Steven blocked that.

We had won the game. "Ah, I'm good now. Why couldn't they just blow them out?" I frowned.

"Without Paul George? Nah." Julianna said back smiling.

"Ew, that sounds so formal."

"So I can't call ya Paul George" She frowned.

"We're friends. Call me Paul or whatever goofy nickname you have for me" I chuckled.

"Oh ok"

"I thought you were parents were here" I just realized that they were supposed to be here. I actually wanted to meet them.

"They went to eat something" She said plainly. Something was up with her.

"Ya good?" I rubbed her hands with mine. I know after all that she's gone through she's not gonna be at 100%. Being there for her is all I can do.

"I'm fine.." she said looking down.

"Nah, you not. What's up Julie?" I interlocked our hands.

"Do you still like me?" She paused. "Cause the more time I spend with you the more I like you more"

I chuckled. "Why wouldn't I like you? And I feel the same way."

Julie pointed to her bruises on her cheeks. "First of all None of that is your fault, and besides you still look beautiful" I reassured her. I didn't want her feeling like she was different or that I felt any different about her. She still looked stunning.

"Would you ever take a chance with me?"

"What?"

"Would you ever date me?"

I nodded my head immediately. "Of course. Incase it wasn't obvious I do have feelings for you. Hence why I came here, bought you the flowers, and the teddy bear. And if you let me I'll be there for you."

"Of course I let you" She said smiling.

"I like you a lot. But I have a lot of drama with my baby mama and I don't want you in the middle of all that. I want you focusing on yourself and not my problems. I want to be with you, but once my problems are resolved" I explained. I had thought long and hard about asking her to be my girlfriend. But first I want to fix my relationship with Daniela, for the sake of our daughter.

"But Paul," She frowned. "I can be there for you"

"I know baby. But I don't want you to be in the middle of this mess. She's crazy" I chuckled.

"I can handle crazy"

"Look. I do want to be with you. I want to fix a few things before so when we're together we don't have to go through a giant hurdle in Daniela." I paused. "And I'm not asking you to wait, but I'm hoping that you'll wait"

"For how long?"