Part 12 I just wanted clothes and food

When I awoke, I was in my bed and for once I slept really well, better than I have in a long time. I stretched and let out a big yawn. I felt good. I felt like myself. I looked around and saw that no one was here in the room with me, not unless you count the stuffed animals on the dresser. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After that 30 minute relax time was up, I grabbed a towel and dried off. I kept it wrapped around me as I came back into the room. I went over to my bed and straightened it up. I thought it would suit my mood, so I tucked the bear my dad got me into bed. I went over to the dresser to look for clothes for the day.

I did not find what I was looking for. What I did find was a shirt with little cartoon animals all over it. I found a pair of overalls that had snaps going from one ankle up to the crotch and down to the other ankle. And to top it all off, no underwear, just diapers also with animals all over them. I have to admit, if I was feeling even just a little bit Little right now, I would not hesitate to put them on. I thought they looked cute, however; I was not feeling Little. I didn't bother getting mad about this stuff being here. I knew everyone was just trying to make me feel better and they thought that I would feel better in relaxing clothes. So, it's the thought that counts in this case.

I left the clothes behind as I decided to hunt some people down. First stop, the living room where I found no one. I searched the rest of our little apartment and found no one at all. I checked the time to see that it was 7:30 in the morning. There was a chance that they all were at breakfast in the cafeteria, so I went back to the bedroom to talk to some animals. Maybe one of them would come back with some of my clothes or at least some food.

Now being on my own wasn't a problem, but not having clothes or food was. Sooo, I grabbed the stuffed animals and put them on my bed. I laid on my stomach as I started to talk to them, just like I would if they were real people. I started to explain that I wasn't feeling Little, and that I was hungry, and that I wouldn't mind some company. And would at least one of them come by and maybe bring some food at least? I knew that they had to be watching me. And I know they could hear me, but after 30 minutes of me talking to them I started to get frustrated.

"Fine, if none of you are going to be nice about this then neither am I." And I went to find some stuff. I found art supplies and that was all I needed: string, some sticks, and a hook. After about 20 minutes of making my contraption, it was ready. I brought that into the bedroom and started to put the stuffed animals into in. I made a wind chime out of the stuffed animals. I put the hook in the ceiling and then said, "I guess it's torture time. No food, nothing to drink, no clothes. Let's see if you guys like to spin." And that is exactly what I did. I started to twirl them around one by one, then all at once. Still after about 15 minutes of that I got tired of it, not knowing if it was having any affect. I was picturing them all getting dizzy from me spinning them around.

The problem was, I was getting dizzy from spinning them around. And more hungry. I had hooked my contraption to the ceiling above my bed. It was the only way I could reach that high. I ended up falling on my back, on my bed sprawled out like a starfish. And I lay there trying to get the dizziness to go away. I have no clue how long I was laying there just staring at the animals twirling overhead. I reached up my hands just thinking about pushing them or petting them as they went by. I was remembering how the last couple of days were a mix of stress them calm, being scared, and being comforted. About actually living out most people's dreams. I'm on the moon, no rocket ships, but still on the moon.

"You know what" I started to say out loud. "This would be just about perfect if I didn't have to lose it all to go back in time. I could stay here and have friends for once. I wouldn't have to be alone anymore. I would have dad and my sister. I would even have 5 friends that I could hang out with. And look 5 of my friends are hanging out right now." I started to giggle at that. "They're hanging out with me." I went from a giggle to a laugh. I laughed hard enough to make tears wet my cheeks.