Part Two?

2196 Words

The door opens on to a large room. In front of me was a set of stairs leading up to the bedrooms, I thing. To the right was a hall way, and to the left was the living room. And that was the way Max took us. We ended up in what I would call a living room. It had black leather chairs a fireplace, and a big TV. I also saw that it had it's own door that leads out back.

Now don't get me wrong, my place could fit in this room alone. But, when I looked outside that's when I fell in love with this place. It had almost no yard, but what it did have was beautiful rock garden. With a little bit of grass that had a path going to a private, shaded sitting area meant for two.

And then I looked to my right and almost dropped to my knees. When Max said that he had a pool, I thought he meant one pool. I was wrong. What I saw was what looked like three pools. A wading pool with a dolfin on the bottom. A swimming pool with a mermaid waiting for you to join her. Then a lap pool that went around an island.

And that's not all that was in his back yard. After letting me look around a little Max took me up stairs to his room. His room was big but, it was just a sleeping room for him.

"I don't really do any thing in here except sleep. So, It always looks this clean." Max told me.

"Well I was expecting toys or at least a computer in here. Maybe some clothes on the floor at least. But this...this is just wrong. Every boy your age should have a little mess in their room. Something out of place but this. This is to clean for my taste." "Ya, dad keeps telling me the same thing. Anyway, you ready to see your surprise? And you need to get dressed so you can go in the pool." "Ok Max, show me where I'm supposed to get dressed. I still need a bathing suit." "Ok Sam, just open that door across the hall. You should find everything you need in there. I'm going to stay here and get dressed myself."

Max pointed to the door across the hall from his room and shooed me out. I went to the door and opened it to find another bedroom. As I walked in I could see a queen sized 4 poster bed dominating the room. A huge white marble fireplace on one wall with a wardrobe next to it. I kept looking around to find a computer desk, and then another door. I went to that door to find that it was a private bathroom; marble floors, marble counter tops, and a marble raised bath tub. The tub could fit three of me in it. This place was huge. I went back to the room trying to figure what the surprise was supposed to be. That's when Max knocked on the open door. "Sam you ready yet? O, I guess not. Didn't the swimsuit fit?"

"Um...Max, what was the surprise supposed to be?" I think I was still in shock at the size of this room. "Sam, the room is the surprise. It's your room if you want it. The wardrobe has clothes for you in it. And I know there is at least a couple swimsuits in there that should fit." Max walked across the room and opened the wardrobe. He found 4 different typed of swimsuits in there. And they all looked like they would fit me. I however was still standing like a statue next to the bathroom door. "Ok, maybe I should have waited to tell you about your room. But, can you please get over it for now. I want a snack and to go swimming. So please, can you get dressed. There's a robe in the bathroom so you don't have to just wear your suite around the house. That is, if you still want to go swimming?" It was like 90 degrees outside. Of course I still wanted to go swimming. "Ya, sorry Max, This is just a lot for me to take in at the moment. I'll be fine, just give me a little privacy and I will get dressed. I guess the kitchen is downstairs? I will meet you there, after I change" "Ok, see you in a couple then."

Max left the suits on the bed before he left. He shut the door on his way out, me still just standing there statue like. I finally started getting over the shock and changed. I put the other suits back in the wardrobe. I folded my clothes, putting them on the foot of the bed. I didn't want to leave a mess in this room. Or this house for that matter. I grabbed the robe from the bathroom and went down stairs to the kitchen. There was Max eating a grilled cheese sandwich. There was another plate I guessed for me. "I didn't know what you wanted. So, I had our cook just make you the same thing I was getting. I hope you don't mind?" "No Max, I don't mind. I like grilled cheese."