Part 5 Some Answers

2498 Words

I woke up feeling way too hot. I was all hot and sweaty. I tried to move but there was a weight holding me down. I opened my eyes to see a head on my chest. Then my memories started to come back to me. I was transported from Max's dad's house to wherever we are now. I'm, well we, are in a room on a bed after I passed out after getting cleaned up. 

"God I've got a headache." I say out loud to myself. I look around the room to see what I can see. Max is still asleep, and he is cuddled up to me. He has his head on my chest like I'm some sort of pillow. I slide out of the bed giving him my pillow to hold on to instead. He holds the pillow and mumbles something but stays asleep. I guess this trip hit him harder than it did me.

I walk to the door and walk through to find Jack sitting at a desk. He looks up at me and asks "Are you ok now? You only slept for about an hour and a half. I expected you two to sleep a little longer." 

I put my hand to my head and say "Yes, I'm better, sorta. I have a headache and I'm hot, but other than that I'm good." 

"Bathrooms that way; there's some Advil in the med cabinet. If you need a shower, go for it. There are also extra clothes in there now. Just put on the same color, they're in your size."
"Speaking of clothes: what's up with the footie pajamas? I mean they're comfortable and all, but what's going on?" I ask as I'm looking at what I have on. I also really look at what Jack is wearing. He is also wearing the same as me, just black. It seemed odd that a grown man would wear pajamas that were meant for kids.

"Well Samantha, these are not really pajamas. They are a uniform of sorts. At least up here they are. It can get really cold so, this is what we wear. It also makes it easier to do laundry if everything is basically the same. And the sizes are all by color. So, your size is red, mine is black. As for Max, his size is light blue. See? Easy." 

I had to laugh a little when a memory popped into my head. "You got the idea from Star Trek, didn't you?" 

Jack chuckled a little bit too but said. "No, actually they got the idea form me, only no shiny boots. There's no point unless you go outside. That's why we use slippers in here. Also, makes less dust getting into everything. Your suit won't shed either. But as for your hair, that could be a problem if you go outside of this area. I will wait until Max gets up to tell you the whole story. For now, bathroom's that way. Go take care of that headache."  He commanded softly with an odd warmth in his tone.

"Only tell it once, I get it. Ok, I'm going to take a quick shower then I will be back." 

"Have a nice shower, Samantha." Jack said as I was leaving. 

I waved back to him and headed to a much needed shower. When I got to the bathroom I found what I could only assume was a dirty clothes chute. It was right next to a shelf with clean clothes on it, all nice and neat and color organized. There was red, black, and light blue of course. But, there were also other colors. "So it's not just us that come here." I say to myself. I go ahead and strip down putting my clothes in the chute. I take my shower then dry off. I grab another pair of the footie pajamas and put them on. Before I leave the bathroom I grab a couple of Advil and down them dry.

As I'm leave the bathroom I see that Max's awake and finishing a conversation with Jack. All I heard was Max saying "And what if she saw?"