Chapter 2: What Happened

Within a half hour Tony was at the Banner Hospital in Queens. He rushed over to the front desk and checked in and then quickly made his way over to the room they said May was in. He then walked in and saw May sitting up watching the news. As he looked at her for a moment he smiled at the fact she hadn't changed a bit. She may have been forty four but there was no way you would know that when you looked at her.

When Tony then started to get closer May turned her head and saw him coming.

"Hey Tony been a long time." May said with a warm smile

"Yeah it's been some time, May what happened?" Tony asked getting straight to the point:

"Well it's a bit of a long story."

"I've got the time."

"Well you see I was with Peter in the park when-"

"Wait a minute who is Peter, a boyfriend or something?"

"Hahaha that's funny!"

"What's funny, who is Peter?"

"Ooh right you were gone that year Will and Rachel went into hiding. Well Peter is their son he's actually about three months old now."

"Wait a minute what! Will and Rachel had a son and no one told me!" Tony said rather angrily.

"Well you were gone and you're not exactly the easiest person to get a hold of." May responded irritated.

Tony immediately went silent and felt a pang of guilt that he wasn't there for his friend.

"Fair point, but why are you telling me this now?"

"I forgot you didn't know so I didn't think I needed to tell you I'm sorry." May said realizing she may have been a bit harsh initially.

"It's fine but is Peter ok, is he hurt? Please tell me what happened."

Tony now felt even more invested in this, now afraid about what happened to his friend's son.

"He's fine not a single scratch the hospital is taking care of him, but let me start this from the beginning. A month after Will and Rachel had Peter the police found them dead. They went through the house and then they heard Peter crying so they rushed to his nursery. When they opened the door they saw this odd looking man hovering over him like he was going to take him. But they shot at him and he crashed through the wall and flew away. My guess he must been working for Oscorp , I'm pretty sure Will and Rachel were probably killed by them." May said rather sadly still mourning her brother and sister-in-law's deaths.

"They were always after them, but why would they want Peter?"

Tony couldn't believe that someone so young had already experienced so much tragedy.

"I don't know but he was then taken to me and I've been taking care of him for the last two months."

"Is he cute?"

"If he were any cuter he'd be worshipped and he's such a good baby he's so happy and giggly and already very smart. He hardly ever cries unless he's having a nightmare or he doesn't feel good."

"Of course a happy kid would come from those two they were always happy, but you still haven't told me how you ended up here."

Tony quickly thought on Wilson how he always came into work with a great big smile. He was the friendliest guy around and always was one to joke or lighten the mood.

"Oh right, well I was sitting in the park with Peter when I noticed I was being watched. There was this guy in a hoodie on the bench next to me and I kept catching him staring at me. So I calmly got up and started to walk away but after I left the park I looked behind me and I saw he was following me. I tried shaking him off by going down all the alleys there were but he kept catching up. I eventually ran off and I managed to get rid of him but then I ran into who I think tried to take Peter. He looked almost like a goblin and he was floating on some weird hover board."

Flashback

"Hello my dear."

"Who are you and why are you killing and harassing my family!"

"My my aren't we feisty but no matter because I'll be taking that baby from you."

"Why do you want him he's just a little baby leave him alone!"

May then ran off once again twisting through the alleys and managed to get away. Until she heard jet engines, she then found a cardboard box and put Peter in it making sure he couldn't be seen. She then looked around noticing it had become silent and then as soon as she turned around he was in front of her.

"Where is the boy?!"

"You will never find him I hid him somewhere you would never think of!"

"Well then I guess since I have no use for you I better get rid of you!"

Suddenly the man shot a green blast from his board hitting May in the shoulder. May cried out feeling the searing pain that burned through the shoulder of her shirt and jacket. May collapsed on the floor unable to get up with the pain in her arm.

"Damn it I missed well not this time!"

The man was about to shoot her again when a man called out. The strange man then became alert and flew off claiming this was not the last she'd see of him. As May was on the floor in pain a man came running around the corner.

"Hey Miss you ok?"

The man got on his knees and then saw the major burn on her shoulder.

"I'm fine I just need you-"

"I'll call an ambulance immediately!"

Then man then got out his phone and dialed 911.

"Hello I need help there's a woman on the ground here with a seriously burned shoulder she needs an ambulance."

Within seconds the ambulance was there and lifting May onto a gurney.

"Wait! My nephew is in that cardboard box!"

Confused the man who called the ambulance went over to the box and lifted the flaps to reveal a giggly baby who smiled at him.

"Hey there little guy."

The man then reached into the box and gently picked up Peter and got into the ambulance with May.

End of Flashback

"And that's how I got here."

"Wow but did you ever figure out why the weirdo wanted Peter?"

"No I still can't seem to figure it out."

"I see, but I have one more question for you. Why did you call me here?"

"Well do you remember how Will and Rachel asked if you would be the Godfather of their future child.

"Yes." Tony said kind of nervous where this was going.

"Well I need you to fulfill that request and take Peter."

Tony's face froze and was filled with shock, him be a father, take care of a child, or do anything that had to do with children.

"May I can't do that it's a really bad idea I'm not fit to take care of a baby. I'd probably blow him up with in two seconds of having him."

"Tony please I love him so much and it will be unbelievably painful to let him go. But I can't give him the protection he needs, not to mention I can't take care of him properly with this shoulder."

"But May-"

"Look go to my purse and inside it you'll find an envelope addressed to you read it and then tell me your answer."

Tony went to her purse and found the said envelop and then said goodbye and left. As he walked on all he could think of was what was he supposed to do?