Chapter 4: Secret Adoption

Over the next three days May and Tony went through the process of making Tony Peter's legal guardian. It was a long difficult process but eventually they got through it officially making Peter Tony's. Over those three days Tony purchased everything that Peter needed a crib, changing table, bottles, formula, a blanket, diapers, and many many toys. It seemed that the spoiling had already started. Tony was also reading many baby books trying to see what he needed and what he needed to do to properly take care of Peter.

Soon it came the day where Peter would officially be moving in with Tony, so he was quite stressed. May and Tony met in secret in Central Park as to not make the situation public. Tony was disguised as well making him unrecognizable to the average person.

"Are you sure you still want me to do this?" Tony asked still extremely nervous about the whole thing.

"I'm sure you are what's best for him, it's what Will and Rachel would have wanted." May said starting to get teary eyed not wanting to let go of her precious nephew.

"Alright I'd you're sure. But I promise you May, I'll take the best care of himself that he will be safe, no one is going to even think about touching him."

"I'm sure you'll be a great dad, but can I have a minute with him, just to say goodbye?" May asked with a pleasing look in her eyes.

"Take all the time you need."

Tony knew even though it wasn't that May would never see Peter again it was still hard to not be able to see him every day. He experienced the same withdrawals over the last three days missing Peter's cute face more and more everyday. So he stayed at bench as May then went behind a tree, Peter tightly held in her arms, and then drew him close to her face.

"Alright bud today's the day, we won't be seeing each other so often but it's all going to be ok. I'll visit you as much as I can but I know you'll love where you're going. Be good to Tony this is as new to him as it is to you and remember to always by your own happy self. I love you so much!"

May was practically full on sobbing as she drew the rather confused Peter in, tears running down her face onto his tiny head. He couldn't understand what she was saying but she sounded so sad.

"You deserved so much better than this you deserve your mother and father to be alive, to just be a normal baby, and to have a normal life....But we can't control what happens to us just what we ourselves do. Just know that everyone in your life loves you!" May sobbed out as she clutched onto the infant.

May left one final kiss on Peter's head and then went back to Tony, who was thinking over things while May was gone. He kept doubting himself, kept thinking how could he do this, what if he made Peter more unsafe, what if he became like a display trophy in Tony's life, and what if he made the kid over all miserable? As Tony sat there May then tapped his shoulder causing him to come back to reality.

"Make sure you take good care of him and that he grows up to be strong." May requested tearfully.

"I will." Tony said with great resolve his anxiety suddenly disappearing.

May left one last kiss on Peter's head and then gently passed the precious bundle to Tony who carefully took him in his arms. She also gave him the diaper bag figuring a few more baby items never hurt.

May and Tony then sweetly hugged goodbye and parted promising to keep in touch. Tony had decided to just walk home with Peter figuring a big limo was kind of noticeable and not exactly very child friendly. The entire walk Peter was luckily asleep, ready for his nap especially since Tony's arms were so comfortable and strong for him.

Eventually they got to Stark towers and went immediately up to Tony's penthouse. At the moment it was empty due to Bruce having to leave for a s.h.i.e.l.d project in DC for the next week. As soon as they were up Tony thought he should put Peter down in his nursery, but very soon after they got in the front room Peter was awake.