Chapter 10: Worst Case Senario

One month had passed and Peter's powers only grew which unbeknownst to Tony or any of the other Avengers started to draw attention from sinister forces. It started when Tony took Peter to the park and they saw Aunt May. She was so excited to see Peter again commenting constantly how big he got and enjoying her time with her nephew again. Peter was also very excited to see Aunt May again, for while he may have been very young while he was with her. But the memories were still there so he was all the more happy to see her. After about two hours Peter was getting sleepy m, indicating he was ready for his afternoon nap.

So they said goodbye and Tony then started to walk with Peter in his arms home. As he did so he couldn't help but feel as if he was being followed. He looked behind him but saw no one so he turned around and kept walking. However there was someone following them, a man in a long tan trench coat and sunglasses who was now behind one of the pillars of a nearby building.

"The target is in fact with Stark Mr. Osborn how would you like to proceed?" The man asked into a communicator.

There was a moment of silence before there was an answer.

"Don't pursue you've gotten enough information I'll send in our agent to take care of it."

Meanwhile back at Stark Tower all the Avengers were lounging around the living room and kitchen except for Thor who was off world. Peter was up from his nap and playing peekaboo with Bruce, his favorite game.

"Peekaboo!"

Peter laughed madly.

"Peekaboo!"

Peter laughed harder.

Bruce then grabbed Peter and started to tickle and give raspberries to the little baby making him laugh without end and feel loved by his uncle. Everyone else smiled at the two, not use to seeing their green giant scientist act silly and be happy. It was quite clear Peter meant a lot to him and was one of the lights in his at times dark world of anger.

"Having fun there Bruce?" Clint asked jokingly.

"What do you think?" Bruce said quickly so he could get back to Peter.

"How about I take a turn with him now?" Clint said as he got up towards Bruce.

"Um I don't think so." Bruce said as he took Peter away.

"Oh come on you've had plenty of time with him." Clint said as he tried to grab Peter.

"No!"

Bruce then started running causing Clint to chase after him. The two went at each other each hoping to get their most coveted prize all the while Tony and Natasha laughing at their friends antics.

"Honestly I don't know if those two are so good for Peter's health they might just tear him in half." Natasha laughed.

"Yeah it's clear he's loved I just hope it won't go to his head." Tony laughed.

"I'm sure he'll be fine."

"Yeah I'm sure you're right."

Tony then looked at Peter seeing how he was fought over happy to know he was loved and protected by his friends.

Several hours later.

"Alright bud let's get to bed."

Tony carried Peter over to his nursery placing a kiss on his forehead before setting him gently in his crib. Peter smiled and then curled up with his stuffed spider and closed his eyes. Tony stroked Peter's thick soft brown hair one last time and then started to leave.

"Good night Peter." He said before he started to close the door.

"Ni ni dada." Peter responded tiredly.

Tony smiled and then closed the door happy his to have his son and didn't know what he would do without him. Peter then fell completely asleep comforted by his little spider and his daddy's love.

A few hours went by and all were asleep in Stark tower unaware of the intruder about to make his way into their little treasures room. He had green rather scale like skin, sharp teeth, bright yellow eyes that seemed to glow almost, sharp pointed ears and nose, and long sharp finger. He had on a fancy metal suit and was on a titanium bat shaped hoverboard and he flew closely to Peter's window.

First he pressed a button on the board that sent out a signal that jammed all of JAVIS's functions in Peter's nursery. Then he pulled out what looked like a tiny orange metal pumpkin and placed it on the glass. It then glowed green and opened up shooting out two steel rods that then went in a circle around the glass. Green sparks flew as the glass was cut and then threw out the disk of glass, falling fast into New York City. The man then got real close to the hole and jumped through, his board floating just outside the window. He then walked over to the crib and looked down at the sleeping Peter.

"So you're the one who holds the secret to my army of superhumans? Your aunt may have been able to escape me but I'm afraid you never will."

Peter then began to whine a bit, feeling the evil and uncomfortable presence in his room.

"Oh I see you must have a sort of special sense amongst your other powers, but I'll get to know those intimately because you're coming with me."

The strange man then reached into Peter's crib and picked him up cradling him in his arms. He then walked over to the window and hopped back on his board.

"Say goodbye to your daddy little one you won't probably see him for quite some time."

With that the strange man rocketed off towards the Oscorp building finally landing on the landing strip they had on top of the building. Once the board landed he got off making the board lower down into the building. The strange man then went down a flight of stairs and into an armory he set Peter on a little pad on a table and then leaned up against a wall that took off his suit. He then closed his eyes and his body started to change his skin returning back to normal, his features becoming more human, and eyes blue again.

The man was now none other than Norman Osborn owner of Oscorp. He then walked over to Peter and picked him up after that he walked down to a lab setting him on a very small table. Peter then started to wake up feeling the cold table he began to look around seeing the room. He saw the room he was in was not his nursery and that none of the men and scientists in the room where his daddy or the Avengers . His lips immediately started to tremble eventually leading him to cry, desperately wanting his family.

"This is the subject sir?" A scientist asked Norman confused by the infant.

"Yes this is the one that will bring Oscorp into the next century." Norman said with a wicked smile.

The next morning

The sun shined into Tony's room and woke him up. As he woke up he began to feel something was off almost as if something wasn't there that was supposed to be. He shook it off and decided he better get Peter up to feed him his breakfast and change him. He got up and walked over slowly opening the door hoping to surprise his son and make him laugh.

He opened the door and jumped out ready to call out happily to his son but instead his heart shattered into a million pieces right there. For his son's crib was empty and there was great big gaping hole in the nearby window meaning only one thing, his precious son was kidnapped.