Chapter 5: Meeting the Avengers

A week had passed since Peter had even adopted by Tony resulting in many happy moments, gross moments, sleepless nights, and warm cuddles. The two were positively adorable together and were already very attached to each other.

Though thus far Peter had only known five people his mother, his father, May, Tony, and Pepper over video chat. She thought he was the cutest thing ever and though he couldn't physically be with her Peter clearly already liked her. But today Peter was going to meet one more person because Bruce was coming back from his trip.

At the moment Tony was feeding the hungry little baby smiling at the boys enthusiasm for his bottle. Soon Peter finished and was promptly burped, then the little baby started to feel sleepy ready for his morning nap.

"Alright bud you rest up, meanwhile I've got some work to finish up." Tony said in a gentle whisper.

Tony put the tiny baby in the little baby swing in the front room he got, hearing that it was a good soother for infants. Once Peter was in the swing he was immediately out like a light, ready for a good two hour nap. Tony smiled and then headed off to his lab keeping an eye on Peter with the cameras he had all around the house.

About an hour and a half later JARVIS told him Bruce was on his way up the tower. Tony quickly cleaned his station off and headed off to the shower not wanting to look like an absolute mess when Bruce got here. Knowing the house already was one, he had to look somewhat responsible and put together, as to not make it seem like he couldn't handle both work and Peter.

But midway through the shower, the elevator opened and Bruce walked in happy to be away from the ever irritating and slave driving Nick Fury. Honestly the man treated you as if you weren't human, like you didn't need food, sleep, or any form of relaxation. Bruce felt worked like a dog with Fury especially after trying to hook up his heat absorber to the the Helicarrier which was the biggest pain. But he had a feeling he wasn't finished with that beast and that no doubt Fury would demand him to weaponize the heat absorber soon and then give him another assignment to then weaponize later.

Honestly most days he wished he could quite s.h.i.e.l.d and just live in peace. But unless he wanted to be back on the military's radar yet again then he better say how high when Fury said jump.

As Bruce continued to think on the subject he began to notice that the penthouse wasn't as clean as usual. He knew Tony never really cleaned and had machines do it for him but then why was the house like this. It was then Tony walked in a towel around his neck but he was fully clothed.

"Uh Tony what's up with the house did one of your machines break or something?"

"What are you talking about? Oh....well I've been rather busy lately and haven't turned anything on."

"Busy with what exactly?" Bruce asked skeptically.

"Oh right I forgot to tell you, remember that kid I told you about?"

"Yeah, wait you went through with that, but I thought you were too nervous?"

"Well I was but Pepper convinced me otherwise."

"Leave it to Pepper to help you make the right decision." Bruce said as he chuckled a bit.

"Pretty much, would you like to meet him?"

"Well since I'll be living with him I better."

Tony led Bruce over to a corner in the front room where Peter's swing was and gently took him out as to not wake him.

"This is him." Tony said in a gentle and loving voice.

Bruce looked at the tiny being in Tony's arms and though not being one to get all mushy over something. He had to admit the little boy was really quite cute.