Chapter 13: Hurt and Forgiveness

Meanwhile back at Oscorp the scientists were trying to clean up the mess the Avengers left having to extinguish fires and pick up large pieces of rubble. They had lost billions of dollars worth of equipment and lost nearly all their important data and archives making it so they would lose more money.

"Oh if I could I would sue that Stark into the ground for what he did to me he has now set us back years."

"Well Mr. Osborn why don't we then we can't exactly afford to rebuild all this ourselves?"

"Because if I do then he can sue me for kidnapping and not only bleed me of more money and put me in prison but also expose our entire operation here."

"Oh I see well then we've got a lot of work ahead of us then."

Osborn went up to his office at down and rubbed his head trying to think of a way to get out of this hole.

"Not all is lost Norman."

It was then the voice inside Norman's head referred to as Green Goblin appeared.

"You! It's because of you this happened it was your idea to steal the Stark brat!" Norman yelled to no one.

"I did not anticipate the Avengers becoming involved a mistake on my part but there is still hope yet."

"How I have lost billions of dollars and we still don't know if it's possible to replicate the spider DNA in the brat!"

"Did you not copy the records of the tests in a separate place?"

Norman then rushed over to his computer and started to go through his files until he found the copy of the records he made. He smiled wickedly as he thought of all the things he could do mentally thanking the Green Goblin.

"Well Stark I hope you feel real safe right now because you're child is going to be under high surveillance from now on. For as long as I need him to be for he is the future of Oscorp."

One Month Later

It had been a month since Peter had been brought back home and life was finally back to normal. However in that time where at first they thought Tony was reacting fine to the whole situation, his overprotective nature over Peter had gone into overdrive. He hardly left Peter out of his sight for more than a minute either by holding him very tightly or just standing near him. All he wanted was his son's safety but it was also costing him sleep.

He would sit in his son's nursery and simply watch him with his repulsar arm on ready to shoot whoever was stupid enough to enter the room. It started to worry the Avengers quite a bit as well as Peter, who hated seeing his daddy so sad. Then one day it became too much for Tony and it nearly scared Peter for life.

It was early one morning and Tony fell asleep on his bed Peter right next to him. He had decided to sleep the baby in his room, after much insistence from the other Avengers to get sleep, but his only condition was Peter had to sleep with him. They agreed and now Tony was asleep however Peter was starting to wake up.

As he rubbed his little eyes he looked around and saw his daddy was sleeping making his mischievous mind turn. Peter smiled and then started to crawl up the headboard and then made it to the wall. He then continued to the ceiling and crawled out of the room.

A few minutes later Tony started to stir, a nightmare of Peter being ripped from his arms playing in his head. Eventually he jolted up breathing heavily and then started to feel around for Peter needing to hug him to his chest to know he was there. However after ten seconds he knew he wasn't there making his nightmare suddenly real.

"Peter!"

Tony sprung out of the bed calling out to his son.

"Peter where are you! Peter!"