Chapter 4

Here's another chapter for you. Thank you all for your support. It means so much to me. I hope you enjoy the chapter and I will try to have another one up soon. :)

(William)

I was sitting at my desk catching up on some paperwork when my head warrior, Dylan, knocked on the open door.

"Got a minute?" he asked.

"Sure," I said. "Come on in."

Dylan stepped into the office, closing the door behind him. "One of Striker's men showed up at the gate with a letter for you."

I dropped my pen and sat back, pinching the bridge of my nose. I wasn't surprised. I had been waiting to hear from him. I asked Dylan for the letter.

"How's Ms. Murdoch?" he asked, handing me an envelope.

"She's doing all right." I ripped open the envelope and removed the letter. "Doc is going to release her in a few hours."

"That's great news."

"It is," I muttered.

"I'll be quiet so you can read that."

I thanked him, unfolded the letter, and read it to myself.

Mr. Thornton,

I believe you have something that belongs to me. If you will kindly return it to me, I will turn a blind eye to the fact that you stole from me. If you refuse my order, you will be sorry.

One of my men will be outside your gate tomorrow night at 11:00 sharp to collect my possession. Again, if you refuse my order there will be consequences. Wishing you and your pack health and good fortune.

Sincerely,

Alpha Gage Striker

His possession, Gray growled. He talks about her like she's a piece of fucking property.

I know, I said, crushing the letter in my hand. He's one sick fuck if he thinks I'm going to hand her over to him. She's our mate. I will kill anyone who tries to take her from us.

You got that right, Gray agreed.

I opened the pack link and informed my warriors, trackers, and beta that I was calling a meeting. I told them to meet me in the hall in ten minutes and then closed the link.

The assembly hall, or hall as everyone called it, was a giant room with folding chairs facing a stage. The hall was where everyone gathered when I called for a pack meeting.

"What's up, boss?" Emmett, my lead tracker, asked, strolling into the building. "Why did you call us into a meeting?"

"Have a seat," I said. "I'll explain everything once we're all here."

Hudson approached me. "How's Ms. Murdoch?"

"She's doing fine." I checked my watch and saw it was a few minutes after nine. "Doc is releasing her soon. I want to thank you for taking care of her last night. You did the right thing by insisting she stay with us."