2. distractions

Megumi woke up with a start.

His body must have naturally gravitated towards Yuji because for some reason, he found himself napping on Yuji's bicep as his headrest.

This is bad.

A little voice inside of him remarked, and he agreed, but still made no effort to move.

His head tilted to Yuji's, lining up so they were facing each other though Yuji was still sound asleep, snoring.

He's beautiful, so peaceful.

Megumi couldn't understand how such an angelic figure could share the same body with a monster like Sukuna.

Okay, maybe not "angelic", this was still Itadori he was talking about, but you get the point.

I should wake him.

Megumi reminded himself they still had a day of training ahead and the longer he'll sit and stare at Yuji's sweet face, the more he'll have time to reflect, analyse and even admit? (No no no no) What exactly his feelings and motives are for wanting to immortalize this moment.

You're embarrassing.

He agreed. A moment of soul searching was the last thing he wanted or needed right now.

"Itadori. Wake up." Megumi whispered, shaking Yuji's knee.

"Mm. Five minutes." Itadori mumbled, pulling the covers over his face.

Fucking annoying.

Megumi wasn't having it. He should have woken him earlier. He yanked the covers off Yuji at which Yuji cried out in annoyance but still sat up straight, pouting at Megumi and rubbing his eyes awake.

"No fun. Fushiguro is no fun." He teased in disgruntlement.

"We have training, you idiot. You'll make us late."

"Can't we train here?" Yuji asked innocently.

There was no flirtation or suggestiveness in his voice, but of fucking course Megumi's mind raced to all the different ways they could, in fact, train here.

Great, he could feel his face and ears heating up once again.

"Nope. Get yourself ready, I'll meet you there."

"Wait, why aren't we going together?" Yuji furrowed his eyebrows, changing his shirt.

"No, I'm skipping breakfast, going to warm up before practice. Lock up before you leave." Megumi replied on his way out, tossing Itadori the keys.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Megumi thought, hoping a day of avoiding Itadori would help resolve all of these distracting thoughts. And fast.

===========

This was short but I think I'm going to make this a slowburn thing? I don't know, so many options hihihihi. I'm going to start including the other characters soon hope I do it justice :DD

-Envy