11. revelations

"Are you a complete idiot."

Was Megumi's morning greeting as he entered the common room.

"Kugisaki, I just woke up."

The ginger girl ignored his comment and shot him a glare.

Somebody's pissed off, huh

Megumi mentally remarked, scanning the room for a hint of pink hair.

"He's avoiding you, idiot." Nobara snorted, reading Megumi's mind.

Oh.

"Honestly. How can you be so selectively stupid sometimes?"
Nobara sighed resignedly, plopping down next to Megumi.

Megumi Fushiguro always secretly prided himself for being able to read Yuji's every mood and feeling through his every front. Fine, he was just selectively more observant when it came to Yuji, but he liked to think it was that he just knew him that well.

That was, until last night.

What a mess.

The growing embarrassment almost consumed him as Nobara's monologue continued, not that Megumi was listening, her first few words echoing and making Megumi's mind spiral.

"...Because he likes you, dummy-"

oh.

Was that true??

Now things finally made sense.

When...?? When did this happen?

How does Nobara know??

Was this what Yuji wanted to "talk to her about"???

How long had this been going on for??

Did he know about Megumi's own crush?

Again. Was this true??

And lastly-

'Have I completely blow my chances with him?'

These were just a few thoughts that raced through his mind as he tried to ground himself in his chair.

"How... how do you know?"

Voice barely above a whisper, Megumi searched for answers.

"God, you really are hopeless. It's obvious. And I've known for a while now..."

A WHILE???

"We had a conversation about it, a few weeks back? Oh yeah, the day were avoiding him..."

That was a while ago. That must've been the day Megumi ran into Miwa...

Don't tell me...?

"Wait. That was... what the hell did he say?!

It was amusing, watching Megumi freak out over his own blindness and Megumi fumed over how much Nobara seemed to enjoy it.

"Hm. It wasn't that deep. He noticed you were avoiding him. He was concerned. Asked my opinion on your behaviour since his return and confessed that he was worried you secretly resented him. So I told him it was the opposite and you like him." Nobara shrugged simply, as if what she just said wasn't completely insane.