3. words of advice

Two days passed since Yuji's sleepover and Megumi has more or less succeeded in distracting himself enough from thinking about the pink-haired brat.

Instead, he decided to focus on getting stronger.

That night will never repeat itself.

He promised himself. But he wasn't doing it just to protect Yuji; he was fed up of always being beaten down and losing in fights.

He needed this for himself.

"Are you in a rush after Yuji surpassed you?" Gojo-sensei teased with a slight grin, echoing his thoughts.

That's right, he was doing everything to get better, even asking Gojo-sensei to help train him. Although from Megumi's point of view, he felt more like a voluntary punching bag right now.

This is a waste of time. Gojo is inhumanely strong.

He thought, discouraged.

"You know, you have just as much potential as Yuji-kun, the problem is your mindset."

Gojo walked up closer and crouched in front of Megumi, levelling with him.

"You're a team player, and that's good. But when you die, you'll die alone. You can't imagine a stronger future version of yourself, so you can't get better. Dying to win and risking death to win are completely different, Megumi."

Gojo flicked his forehead and with that, it hit him.

He has to be greedier.

The flick also really hurt. Megumi's forehead actually started bleeding from his superior's 'playful' show of affection.

"OW."

"Sorry." Gojo chuckled, beaming.
He seemed to sense that his words had gotten through though, either that or he was a sadist, ecstatic from inflicting pain.

"Oh. And one more thing." Gojo added, completely changing the tone of conversation.

Megumi was mid-getting up to continue the training when he was stopped midway, struck by Gojo's solemn expression, willing him back on the floor, concerned over the 180° attitude.

"What?"

Gojo replied by scanning his face, as if not knowing how to breach the topic.

"I have heard..." He started, clearing his throat before continuing.

"I have heard a... Rumour, that Yuji-kun has been, spending quite a lot of time in your room lately..."

Oh my fucking God.

"Who said that." Megumi asked, careful to keep his face completely blank .

"Um, the source would prefer to stay anonymous." Gojo shrugged back sheepishly.

what an annoyingly dramatic man.

Nobara, you idiot.

"It's not what you think." Megumi breathed out, annoyed that he was even having this discussion.

"Megumi, listen it's OKAY. You like who you LOVE, I know, hey you know I even, MYSELF have been-"

Megumi watched in terror as his guardian stumbled over his words of this uncomfortable conversation, Megumi had to stop this now or he knew for a fact that he'd throw up, so he stood up to silence his mentor, signaling his leave.

"Gojo-sensei, with all due respect, I am not talking about this with you. Ever." Megumi cut him off. He had no intention of hearing the rest of this cooky man's monologue, let alone hear about one of his sexual experimentations.

Gross.

Megumi shuddered at the thought, his nightmares would surely take on new meaning after this.

"Megumi-kun LISTEN. I don't know what is going on between you and Yuji-kun, and yes, okay I guess it's none of my business, BUT-" He stopped to stand and face Megumi.

"Yuji's time here. Well it's limited-"

Oh.

"-I don't know Yuji-kun's... Sexual preference or the nature of his relationship with you but I do know this much; I would hate for you or any of you to have to have to grieve Yuji-kun's death again anytime soon but, we all know it's inevitable. We do not know what will happen to him as he keeps consuming more of Sukuna, but I would hate to see the two of you ever turn on each other."

And it was his expression, Gojo's alarmingly solemn expression and his ocean blue eyes piercing into Megumi's soul that gave the boy a pause.

...And for some reason, Megumi felt an inkling that Gojo-sensei was no longer just talking about Megumi and Yuji.

"You have something special, Megumi. The two of you, just... Please keep this in mind and be careful?"

Megumi felt... Concerned, he didn't know where all of this had suddenly come from.

"What, you talking from personal experience?" Megumi joked, in effort to lighten the mood but judging by Gojo's reflexive flinch, he accidentally hit a sore spot.

Silence.

"G-Gojo-sensei...?" Megumi repeated, more alarmed.

At that, Gojo's expression broke into the familiar bright smile as he waved his hand nonchalantly, as if to fan the question away.

"HAHAHA, yeah right." He responded, his laugh just a bit too forced.
He took off his glasses and wiped them on his shirt, cleaning them while continuing his previous thought.

"Also, and most importantly," he paused, looing up at Megumi with a mischievous smirk.

"If anyone, Yuji-kun or ANYONE else wants to romance the Megumi Fushiguro, he-or SHE, will need to pass my test and be formally a-"

"NO." Megumi interrupted, groaning and embarassed and fed up of this conversation.

"Megumi, you didn't let me finish, THEY will have to be formally approved by ME, your Senpai and father figure, Satoru Go-"

He didn't get to finish that thought, no instead, the sensei was caught off-guard, tackled to the floor by Megumi's divine dog.

Idiot.

Just because it was Gojo-senpai who had taken him and Tsumiki under his wing all those years ago, Megumi did not view him as a father figure. No way. More like a really fucking annoying older brother. Irritating and full of himself, like the default iPhone alarm.

Yes, that was a perfect comparison.

In many aspect though (and to Megumi's irritation), sometimes Gojo and Itadori were very much alike. Sometimes, watching the two of them together, Megumi could only wonder how such idiots shared one braincell and were yet so powerful.

No, Itadori's idiocy was endearing, like watching a baby crash into a wall, while Gojou's energy was like a raccoon on crack.

Gojo was still on the floor, laughing as he let Megumi's shikigami lick his face enthusiastically.

"VERY GOOD MEGUMI!" Gojo exclaimed in between laughs.

"CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE, THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR YOU." He continued, giggling, trying to get the dog off him.

Megumi rolled his eyes and released the technique, hearing an "aww" of disappointment from his sensei. Too bad, he was already on his way out of this humiliating moment.

Still, in between all of the dumb shit Gojo spewed-Megumi's mind raced, repeating that one point.

Itadori is going to be executed.